• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS chances with these grades?

Reaction score
Olevel result: 1A* 5As 3Bs
AS grades: 3Bs 1C
Course: major in Econ
And exactly how much does my SAT score need to be?
Thankyou

Reaction score
i think minimum score for lums is 2100 in SAT 1
and you have low chances, unless you improve in A2s which would be a miracle imho!

Reaction score
Thankyou

Olevel requirements are 6A's and above so thats done.
Alevel minimum requirement is BBC but I think you need to work hard so that your final grade can be above BBC.
SAT score, Im not sure but I think its 1800 above. Many people with 1800+ got accepted.

Reaction score
i think minimum score for lums is 2100 in SAT 1
and you have low chances, unless you improve in A2s which would be a miracle imho!
Seriously?
There are VERY few people with 2100+. And A2 grades don't even count unless you're on a gap year. Everyone gets their acceptance before the result and you just have to meet the BBC condition.
Thankyou
6 As will give you a decent chance. MGSHSS requires a slightly lesser score so 1800 would be really good but aim above 2000 to be safe.

Reaction score
guys where on the lums website is it mentioned that 6A's in O level is the requirement for admission ? o_O

Reaction score
guys where on the lums website is it mentioned that 6A's in O level is the requirement for admission ? o_O

its not directly stated but they dont take any under 6As and all the counselors have said that

Reaction score
its not directly stated but they dont take any under 6As and all the counselors have said that
Do you have any idea about those who are applying for transfer? Does lums consider only those with 6A's even though they are applying for transfer from some other university?

Reaction score
Ummmm I have 6A* and 1A in my igs till now
How much in A levels and sat do I need so that I get into the engineering department of lums?
I have absolutely no idea!
Thnx....... :)

Reaction score
Do you have any idea about those who are applying for transfer? Does lums consider only those with 6A's even though they are applying for transfer from some other university?

Im not sure about that, sorry :( but yeah 6A below is their cut off line basically I think

Reaction score
Ummmm I have 6A* and 1A in my igs till now
How much in A levels and sat do I need so that I get into the engineering department of lums?
I have absolutely no idea!
Thnx....... :)

You'll need a final Alevel grade- BBC and above that
and as for SAT, I think 1800+ but this year people with 1600+ also got in since they had just made SAT compulsory. However, next year will be strict so go for 1800+ :)

Reaction score
You'll need a final Alevel grade- BBC and above that
and as for SAT, I think 1800+ but this year people with 1600+ also got in since they had just made SAT compulsory. However, next year will be strict so go for 1800+ :)
Okay.......... Thnx alot

Reaction score
Guys. I don't have good grades in O levels, do you think if I get a really good score on SAT then will I be able to get admission in lums? Score like 1900+ or something? :/
Any sort of help would be appreciated :)

Reaction score
Guys. I don't have good grades in O levels, do you think if I get a really good score on SAT then will I be able to get admission in lums? Score like 1900+ or something? :/
Any sort of help would be appreciated :)
It also depends on which department u wanna apply in.......... Which one r u planning to apply in?
(Also u got A's ryt? Not A*'s...........)
:)

Reaction score
It also depends on which department u wanna apply in.......... Which one r u planning to apply in?
(Also u got A's ryt? Not A*'s...........)
:)
I will apply for economics, sociology anthropology. I have 2a's and one A*, rest b's.
But I have a good gpa, it's 3.82.
Im Sooo worried.

Reaction score
I will apply for economics, sociology anthropology. I have 2a's and one A*, rest b's.
But I have a good gpa, it's 3.82.
Im Sooo worried.
As far as I know, humanities and economics are not departments wherein it is hard to get an admission...........
I think if u get good grades in A levels and a high score in sat (better if u touch 2000) u will have probably have a chance!
But then again these r things that I have heard from others so I am not really sure :)

Reaction score
As far as I know, humanities and economics are not departments wherein it is hard to get an admission...........
I think if u get good grades in A levels and a high score in sat (better if u touch 2000) u will have probably have a chance!
But then again these r things that I have heard from others so I am not really sure :)
I have good A level geades.2A's 1B. Well thank you so much. It was a relief hearing that from you :)

Reaction score
I have good A level geades.2A's 1B. Well thank you so much. It was a relief hearing that from you :)
Really? Thnx.........glad I helped!!!
Hmmm that's good!
So I guess a really high sat score (cuz now lums gives great importance to sat) can get u in........ :)
Good luck and wish u all the best!!!