• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS OR GIKI??Got into both

Reaction score
I have gotten into lums sse since 10 th april and then applied to giki on sat basis.I have sat 1 score of 2130 and sat 2 2400 so when I contacted giki they told me that consider your admission secure.Now please help me in choosing one uni out of the two,my only concern is job opportunity and job sellary prospects.Thanks

Reaction score
Go for GIKI bro, LUMS is a renowned Business school and has no such name in Engineering till now. Whereas GIKI is a proven one.. moreover LUMS is not recognized by HEC , u ll face some difficulties when u ll go Abroad for M.S , coz foreign universities don't know what Lums or Nust or Giki is. The Thing they know is HEC.. however some universities will be there for u, but they will not be renowned ones

Reaction score
Are you an international student?

Because the last time i heard, GIKI doesn't accept SAT scores from national students, i hope i'm wrong on this since i need to apply in GIKI on SAT basis aswell but i'm not an international student. :(

Reaction score
Are you an international student?

Because the last time i heard, GIKI doesn't accept SAT scores from national students, i hope i'm wrong on this since i need to apply in GIKI on SAT basis aswell but i'm not an international student. :(
yes international :)

Reaction score
First of all, Congratulations.
I would highly recommend you to opt for LUMS.
Thank You,I am very concerned about it as I have heard rumours that lums is in financial crisis and they cant pay for their best faculty members so some of them have left lums.Instead they are appointing new teaching assistants who are not good at teaching.P.S The companies in Pk and maybe abroad as well prefer hiring engineers from nust or giki as they are established universities so it would take time for lums to reach their level.correct me if i am wrong!!

Reaction score
Go for GIKI bro, LUMS is a renowned Business school and has no such name in Engineering till now. Whereas GIKI is a proven one.. moreover LUMS is not recognized by HEC , u ll face some difficulties when u ll go Abroad for M.S , coz foreign universities don't know what Lums or Nust or Giki is. The Thing they know is HEC.. however some universities will be there for u, but they will not be renowned ones
Thanks.I think lums sse had got accrediation in november last year.Some people say that lums sse has a structure of international standard and in ee they are offering the same disciplines as in ee in mit and that once one or two batches of sse are out,companies will come to know the calibre of its graduates more,so sse will overwhelm other universities...

Reaction score
malik234

It is still a gamble, whereas GIKI graduates are still getting enormous opportunities...
LUMS is University of Managemnt Science and it has proven itself in MBA and BBA for so long
They are not interested that much in getting a name in Engineering till now
But its up to u, where u urself is wishing to go , both are still good institutes..
But still I rate GIKI and NUST as the best duos of engineering..

Reaction score
I have gotten into lums sse since 10 th april and then applied to giki on sat basis.I have sat 1 score of 2130 and sat 2 2400 so when I contacted giki they told me that consider your admission secure.Now please help me in choosing one uni out of the two,my only concern is job opportunity and job sellary prospects.Thanks
go for giki..u start getting job offers frm international companies even before u complete ur engneering..its THE BEST!

Reaction score
Frist decide what you want to do. LUMS is a business/science school, GIKI an engineering school. If you are only concerned with earning money then LUMS is a better option, rather doing MBA is a better option.
But as you have already established that you applied to sse so its between science and engineering. And they both are completely different.
Which has a better earning, both! Actually you can earn better in every field only if you are good at it. Trust me on that.
Comparing the universities irrespective of their fields, i'd go with LUMS. Keep one thing in mind that LUMS has a lot of exposure compared to any other univerty in pakistan. The crowd is also excellent. So you can have a fun filled life there. I cant say that about GIKI. Its good, not as fun.
Its essential that you decide what you want to do.

Reaction score
First of all congratulation both are great univeristies infact along with aku best in pakistan.
Now listen kid i am working currently in engro fertilizers what i have seen is this ,engro didnt recognize lums sse btw reason they dont have enough labs ,engineering demands labs and which gik has best in pakistan.Our head office has many lums graduate but mostly mbas work in them what i have seen is that lums is undoubtely best for business is pakistan (yes iba and lse lahore are way way behind interms of reputation) and gik is best for engineering in pakistan undoubtely.
hr rating for engineering when i saw of engro 2 years ago were like this
Giki (Its Electronics and mechnical engieering is highly popular among multinationals likes of schlumberger highly prefers them)
Nust (Preferbly eme campus ,dont go for karachi campus it is not good)
Uet lahore
Punjab univeristy (chemical engineering only)
Uet taxila

Reaction score
In terms of engineering go for GIKI , otherwise go for LUMS . BECAUSE , there is an issue of the electrical engineering being started recently at lums and not being recognized by the HEC , which is VERY important if u want to do masters and admission into a better uni for post-graduate .. If u are choosing a field which does not involve engineering , go for Lums :)

Reaction score
thanks for your opinions people.Giki is offering me electrical engineering with specialization in electronics like many other people.In Lums sse i will do electrical engineering as well if I go there.So doesn't my confusion narrow down to which university has a better EE programme??Deadline for giki fee submisssion is 24 july so i need more of some good suggestions.Thanks

Reaction score
both are same programs giki ee is more popular though if you ask me
Bro my future is at stake..so are you really sure about it??I mean have your employers engro also got ee graduates from giki??forget chemical eng graduates for a moment.

Reaction score
listen giki is offering chemical for 1st time so we dont have any chem graduates and what i have seen is that atleast in engro gradutes of giki come from mainly ee or me ...me and ee are their best departments i guess

Reaction score
yeah i know but listen lums and giki both are great but even if you are in mit that does not mean you would do great in job .....success in your job depends on many things that you dont know but considering giki for ee is one of the best possible choice(in pakistan) but a nerd would not always be successfull in his career students from average universities can also get successful infact more than the ones from repuated unis ...