• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS or NUST(business school)?

Reaction score
I have some serious decision making to do and suggestions would be appreciated. i want to do either BBA or BSc Economics. i got accepted to lums yesterday but did not get any financial aid so if i decide to go there it would put a lot of burden on my parents.
SO my question is: is an undergrad degree from lums worth all that money? how is nust for BBA/BS economics? i've heard that its not that good but its fee is less than half of lums fee so its affordable!!
HELP! :(

Reaction score
Dude...I applied to LUMS in both SSE and LCAT, i recieved an offer letter 2 days ago for SDSB, If I had gone into SSE I wud have rejected the offer but getting into SDSB the best school LUMS has and due to which it is famous has forched me to change my mind...I applied for aid too but got nothing...

I would suggest you to close ur eyes and go to LUMS, and yes it is worth the Fee, NUST ka business school to bakwas hai yar,,u can judge it from this NUST has its business school at lowest merit while LUMS at top and by doing BSC Economics from Lums u have bright chances in both Pakistan and abroad...if u go to NUST u wud save 5 lac per year but the place u wud reach 20 years later, cud be achieved with LUMS in 5 or 10 ten years....Choice is urs...

Reaction score
hi, im going thru the same situation... i got in lums but no f.a, so im applying to iba and nust..lets see wht happens.

Reaction score
hi, im going thru the same situation... i got in lums but no f.a, so im applying to iba and nust..lets see wht happens.
5 lacs per year is not too much man especially when u r getting quality education...NUST ka business school is far away from lums, u see if u r a lums graduate ur pay after 5 years wud be 1.5 lac, where as as a NUST grad u wud hardly get any job..I had suggest u to strive for IBA then....leave NUST...dun ruin ur fututre for financail aid....either IBA or LUMS....

Reaction score
i heard nust business school is preety good too, but yeah iba is awesome, lums nd iba all togethr...

Reaction score
go to lums....iba is way behind lums everyone gets into iba these days ....lums giki aku nust has name all over pakistan ,iba has name only in karachi

Reaction score
I have some serious decision making to do and suggestions would be appreciated. i want to do either BBA or BSc Economics. i got accepted to lums yesterday but did not get any financial aid so if i decide to go there it would put a lot of burden on my parents.
SO my question is: is an undergrad degree from lums worth all that money? how is nust for BBA/BS economics? i've heard that its not that good but its fee is less than half of lums fee so its affordable!!
HELP! :(

is an undergrad degree from lums worth all that money? Yes it has more worth than that money.

how is nust for BBA/BS economics? Yes, its not as good as lums, but still not bad either (I disagree with the above statement "NUST grad u wud hardly get any job") if YOU are good enough, u can easily get a job. NBS is a child school (in age) as compared to lums but its getting better and better with time!

Try getting ur hands on some other scholarships that are available. Maybe some bank loans. I would recommend don't lose this lums opportunity!