• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS SAT scores

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering what the general SAT scores for LUMS acceptances are, since I'm abroad and apparently they don't have a "minimum" requirement for SAT scores. Anyone who has gotten in, or knows anything about it, please help!

It's greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I, myself am wondering about the same. I am also an overseas student. Does anyone know the fees for International students?

Reaction score
I know about the fees! I emailed one of the guys at LUMS' finance section and he said that it's the same fees for both international and local students. And those fees are on the website.

Reaction score
Really? Are you 100% sure?
And regarding the SAT score, I know that anything above 1800 will suffice. Though, to be on the safe side, try to score 2000+. My cousin who graduated from LUMS last year told me this bit just now.

Reaction score
The email I got was:
Dear Concerned,

The LUMS Standard Semester Fee is applicable to all students, whether applied locally or otherwise. The Fee structure for next Academic year is available at http://lums.edu.pk/content/fee-structure-875

Regards,

Iffat

So I feel like it's pretty accurate. And oh 1800 will suffice? Awesome! I got a 1940. I got a 780 in the critical reading section but did poorly on the math section, which is okay because I'm applying for Political Science! (I hope)

Reaction score
That'd be perfect. I'll still go to Pakistan to give the LCAT though. I am also giving SATs next week. Hope to score 2000+
Your reading score is perfect. :O How did you manage it? I'm struggling with time management in the reading and the writing section. I'm good with Math though. IA will pull out 750+.

Reaction score
Hahah yay! I'm in the US, that would be a super long flight for just the LCAT :( Well, for the writing section, there's a bunch of tips I found on youtube. Basically, I just attempted at making it long. I got a 680 on the writing section, and a 9 on the essay. But reading was way wayy easier. The trick is to read the entire passage really quick before attempting questions.

Reaction score
Hahaha yes! You don't need to. Youtube is a great idea. I've been youtub-ing a lot recently. About the essay, i always get stuck at writing examplesl. what do you suggest? 680 is awesome! I'm aiming for 650 in reading and writing each and a 750 in math.

Reaction score
I hope not. I just REALLY wanna get in. Hahahah. I've always wanted to learn more about Pakistan, and this seems like the perfect opportunity. :D
Youtube is the ultimate resource. Haha
Well, I used one literary example (Cedric Jennings from A Hope In the Unseen) and one real-life example (Julian Assange) so I'd recommend just brainstorming at the beginning of the essay before you start writing, for like two minutes.

Reaction score
I hope we both get in :)
Yeah, I need to see what examples i can prepare before hand cause i don't wanna freeze during the exam :S Brainstorming is a good idea :) Do you read a lot or you prepared some examples?

Reaction score
InshAllah!
Well, I do read a lot. But honestly, the questions are so vague you could even use a movie character or just your personal experiences. Just try and make it long! That's super important!