• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS SSE admission test

Reaction score
Question: A sample of x litres from a container having a 60 litre mixture of milk and water containing milk and water in the ratio of 2 : 3 is replaced with pure milk so that the container will have milk and water in equal proportions. What is the value of x?

1. 6 litres
  2. 10 litres
  3. 30 litres
  4. None of these. Ans is 10 litres

Reaction score
can
Question: A sample of x litres from a container having a 60 litre mixture of milk and water containing milk and water in the ratio of 2 : 3 is replaced with pure milk so that the container will have milk and water in equal proportions. What is the value of x?

1. 6 litres
  2. 10 litres
  3. 30 litres
  4. None of these. Ans is 10 litres
can you rewrite the question please, i cant understand it properly

Reaction score
can

Plz try to solve this
Question: Five years ago, Beth's age was three times that of Amy. Ten years ago, Beth's age was one half that of Chelsea. If C repre- sents Chelsea's current age, which of the following represents Amy's current age?

1. c/6 + 5
  2. 2c
  3. (c-10)/3
  4. 3c-5
  5. 5c/3 - 10. Ans A

Reaction score
......................Beth........................Amy......................Chelsea
5yrs ago 3x..............................x
10yrs ago y................................................................2y
current ages 3x+5=10+y...........x+5.........................2y+10=C

3x+5=10+y..................................................................y=(C-10)/2
y=3x-5

equating values of y
3x-5=(C-10)/2
6x-10=C-10
6x=C
x=C/6

substituting value of x in amy's current age
C/6+5

Reaction score
Plz try to solve this
Question: Two merchants sell, each an article for Rs.1000. If Merchant A computes his profit on cost price, while Merchant B computes his profit on selling price, they end up making profits of 25% respectively. By how much is the profit made by Merchant B greater than that of Merchant A?

1. Rs.66.67
  2. Rs. 50
  3. Rs.125
  4. Rs.200 Ans is Rs50
do you know the purchase prices?

Reaction score
......................Beth........................Amy......................Chelsea
5yrs ago 3x..............................x
10yrs ago y................................................................2y
current ages 3x+5=10+y...........x+5.........................2y+10=C

3x+5=10+y..................................................................y=(C-10)/2
y=3x-5

equating values of y
3x-5=(C-10)/2
6x-10=C-10
6x=C
x=C/6

substituting value of x in amy's current age
C/6+5
Thanks aloooooot!!!

Reaction score
Plz solve this one too
Question: Three runners A, B and C run a race, with runner A finishing 12 meters ahead of runner B and 18 meters ahead of runner C, while runner B finishes 8 meters ahead of runner C. Each runner travels the entire distance at a constant speed. What was the length of the race?

1. 36 meters
  2. 48 meters
  3. 60 meters
  4. 72 meters. Ans is 48m
I personally think that that the distance that B finishes ahead of C should be 6.check with both values if u get the answer.
Thanks in advance!!!

Reaction score
when the times are equal, the
ratios of speeds are equal to the ratios of
distance.
equating speed ratios of b and c, (d-12)/(d-18)
= d/(d-8).
solving this, we get d = 48

Reaction score
I'm in my A levels(summing-up AS) I am opting for 3 subjects Maths, Physics and AICT. They are exactly the subjects which I'd need in my further studies in BCS(Computer Science). But in the SSE test I would be bound to attempt either Chemistry or Biology section along with other ones. Right? I ain't studying either of Chem or Bio. What should I do now? I hate Chem like anything! Is there any exemption for the applicants of BCS? It totally seems illogical for BCS applicants to study Chem or Bio because they ain't gonna need any of it further. Other universities like GIKI, NUST and FAST don't bound students to take Chem or Bio. Now, is there any chance for me to give SSE test with my current subjects?!

Reaction score
I'm in my A levels(summing-up AS) I am opting for 3 subjects Maths, Physics and AICT. They are exactly the subjects which I'd need in my further studies in BCS(Computer Science). But in the SSE test I would be bound to attempt either Chemistry or Biology section along with other ones. Right? I ain't studying either of Chem or Bio. What should I do now? I hate Chem like anything! Is there any exemption for the applicants of BCS? It totally seems illogical for BCS applicants to study Chem or Bio because they ain't gonna need any of it further. Other universities like GIKI, NUST and FAST don't bound students to take Chem or Bio. Now, is there any chance for me to give SSE test with my current subjects?!
I don't know about any exemption but I think you should contact LUMS directly and ask them, and even if you do have to appear in one of them then go for bio its really easy, you just have to study a barron's book and it will be enough.
BTW SSE test is over for this year