• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

M1, how was your exam

Reaction score
I knew how to draw the graph thanks to Physics unit 1 because it's about a ball that rebounds hahahaha :p

The papers was good... a lot found it hard, expecting 58 to be an A, what's weird is that there was NO momentum question, which was included on every single year haha

How much did you guys get for Q6A? was it 5.94N?

Reaction score
I knew how to draw the graph thanks to Physics unit 1 because it's about a ball that rebounds hahahaha :p

The papers was good... a lot found it hard, expecting 58 to be an A, what's weird is that there was NO momentum question, which was included on every single year haha

How much did you guys get for Q6A? was it 5.94N?
the paper was easy .. about the graph part thanks to physics UNIT 1 .. my 6a answer was 6.33N and it is wrong .... bt most of my friends got answers like 10 N ...by the way , how did you solve it

Reaction score
the paper was easy .. about the graph part thanks to physics UNIT 1 .. my 6a answer was 6.33N and it is wrong .... bt most of my friends got answers like 10 N ...by the way , how did you solve it
Actually 5.94 is the correct answer, that's what most said in thestudentsroom website, i solved it like in the photos, and for the second photo thats a 20 not a 2 haha :p

Attachments

• IMAG0096.jpg
    IMAG0096.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • IMAG0097.jpg
    IMAG0097.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
Reaction score
Actually 5.94 is the correct answer, that's what most said in thestudentsroom website, i solved it like in the photos, and for the second photo thats a 20 not a 2 haha :p
well how do you know that the value of X on the right side of the angle 60 is same as that on left hand side of the angle 60 ???

Did you solve the last part of the vector that direction one

Reaction score
well how do you know that the value of X on the right side of the angle 60 is same as that on left hand side of the angle 60 ???

Did you solve the last part of the vector that direction one

Simple physics, and i think it was mentioned in the M1 book, the head to tail vector resolving, it's the same.

That question and part b of Q6 i didn't know the answers haha :p

Reaction score
i solved P into vectors and got P = 20sin(60), -20 cos(60). put signs for the directions and got 5 root 2 for X.