• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Math P3 (My worst nightmare)

Reaction score
Okay,
So, After solving each and every past-paper, doing every exercise and spending all my time on math, my paper was horrible.
I didn't attempt the "vectors" question, at all...
I made various mistakes and couldn't solve the differential equations.
To be honest, I'm expecting about 45-55 marks (at the most)

I got an A in AS... :/

Is anyone else expecting a horrible grade, or am I the only one?

Reaction score
I had an A in my maths in A's as well, but My p3 went horrible :/ I feel like shit at the moment :/
I am expecting 45 marks at the most :/

Reaction score
what to say... though the paper was too tough, I made it to attempt every qs.... hope that the answers are correct..

Reaction score
I had an A in my maths in A's as well, but My p3 went horrible :/ I feel like shit at the moment :/
It was an ok paper! I screwed up in 8ii) and 9ii)! I didnt attempt vector either because of time. 1 hr and 45 min isnt enough tbh

Reaction score
It was an ok paper! I screwed up in 8ii) and 9ii)! I didnt attempt vector either because of time. 1 hr and 45 min isnt enough tbh

I too had an A in As where I got A in p1 and A in s1!!!
Hwever today was indeed a horrrrrrrible ppr!! Really expacting no more thn 48/49!!!
I left 1Q the differental equation to solv in the end but no fu**ing time!!
I dnt feel ike preparinng fr ny ppr!!! :'(

Reaction score
Yup. Worst nightmare. It was reeaallllyy bad. I didn't solve the vectors questions either. May get around 45 but hopefully, more....somehow. D:

Reaction score
Seriously , This was one of the most difficult paper in history of P-3
Not only lengthy but tricky too
don't expect too high marks believe me

53 -55 - for A grade
43 -45 - for B grade

Believe me most of the candidates found it difficult percentile is certainly LOW
Nov 2011 was way tooooo easier than this and percentile was like 58

Reaction score
Seriously , This was one of the most difficult paper in history of P-3
Not only lengthy but tricky too
don't expect too high marks believe me

53 -55 - for A grade
43 -45 - for B grade

Believe me most of the candidates found it difficult percentile is certainly LOW
Nov 2011 was way tooooo easier than this and percentile was like 58
I totally agree.
Nevertheless, managed to have a good paper!
:)

Reaction score
Guys relax.....in every examiner report key is that you attempt questions and give logical solutions if u did differential equation wrong or for instance like angles wrong u might just loose very less marks...and yes GT will be low....Stats will Be easier..dont worry if u have given logical solutions and yes even in cases like for example what people did they thought for volume question it was ln(x)^2 and thought it was 2ln(x) but it was (ln(X))^2 and u can differentiate it with even product rule as we take ln first function..Dont worry if u have struggled Allah Always give the reward Leave all on Allah he is the one and Only

Reaction score
I totally agree.
Nevertheless, managed to have a good paper!
All due to ALLAH's Help otherwise one could have totally flunked in this paper..btw one thing to be noticed As Maths is becoming way way difficult now my cousin cried after Mechanics paper literally and for puremaths AP gp was in binomial form its unfair :(

Reaction score
All due to ALLAH's Help otherwise one could have totally flunked in this paper..btw one thing to be noticed As Maths is becoming way way difficult now my cousin cried after Mechanics paper literally and for puremaths AP gp was in binomial form its unfair :(
No its not the GT will be lower dnt worry!
;)

Reaction score
Well,
I do feel lil better...
I'm trying my best for S1 and Chem now...
Cant afford to screw them up...
best wishes brother give ur best stats will be easy,can anyone share some As notes with me because i have to revise them for A2 if anyone can it will be great :p

Reaction score
No its not the GT will be lower dnt worry!
;)
but still just think yar the comfort associated with a paper well..... for mechanics it was like 13 marks were not attempted by people in the exam now this is no good........ Gt its a plus point especially in PHY and Chem now Maths toooo

Reaction score
Look the question was pretty hard. I got 91% in my As level but still I am expecting to get an A* as the grade threshold will be definitely low this time

Reaction score
Not more than 5 I guess. This exam way better than my AS exam last year. Got a unexpected grade of 91. Though I am hoping to do well in S2

Reaction score
Okay,
So, After solving each and every past-paper, doing every exercise and spending all my time on math, my paper was horrible.
I didn't attempt the "vectors" question, at all...
I made various mistakes and couldn't solve the differential equations.
To be honest, I'm expecting about 45-55 marks (at the most)

I got an A in AS... :/

Is anyone else expecting a horrible grade, or am I the only one?

This year's vector is actually one of the easiest vectors of all. Look at all the past papers it proves it. The perpendicular distance formula was given and the questions were pretty much straight forward what more do you want. After all it's CIE!! I got lamda 2 and distance 6.
P was -i+3j-5j and i-3j+5j.