• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics A LEVEL p32 2012

Reaction score
Most of the students over here found the paper damn difficult. Do you think that Cambridge is going to lower the pass mark? :( :cautious: :unsure:

Reaction score
i hope it is. i remember counting 24/75 points worth of questions i attempted, and even i aint sure that what i did was entirely correct.
and ya, the 'easy' questions which give out free points didnt show up this year. 'express this in partial fractions' 'find area between these curves' 'calc volume of revolution' 'reduction of relationships to linear form' .. nothing. there wasnt even that much algebra ffs
well whatever. i hope a several hundred kids out there get like max 5/75 so that the threshold is lowered to like 18/75 for an A.. :p
i also hope you earn 1 point for writing your name.

Reaction score
Yes. I replied questions as much as I could, leaving blanks also!
I really wish the pass mark is lowered. Had a real hard time :(

Reaction score
But june 2008 was a hard paper too, and the gt for paper 3 was 49 :(

Reaction score
My max points were 25 :S
Everyone found this paper high level. The complex number and the differential equations were difficult to answer.
Some proves also were tricky. Good luck to everyone.

Reaction score
I am wondering how much method marks can save me. I think I did the complex question 9 ii method right, but I later realised that I made a small arithmetic error. The question was worth 6 marks , maybe I can get 3 for it?

Reaction score
I am wondering how much method marks can save me. I think I did the complex question 9 ii method right, but I later realised that I made a small arithmetic error. The question was worth 6 marks , maybe I can get 3 for it?
for sure u will get the methods mark as u get the method right ,so how did u found the exam ?i found it one of the toughest exam ever

Reaction score
for sure u will get the methods mark as u get the method right ,so how did u found the exam ?i found it one of the toughest exam ever
I found it tough, but I usually think I did really bad in exams and end up doing well. But I do hope the grade boundary is low and that my performance in my mechanics paper and my A from my AS exam ensures I get an A grade. I doubt I will get an A*... I think it is really irritating how my mathematical ability is judged in such an unnatural (timed) manner.

Reaction score
I found it tough, but I usually think I did really bad in exams and end up doing well. But I do hope the grade boundary is low and that my performance in my mechanics paper and my A from my AS exam ensures I get an A grade. I doubt I will get an A*... I think it is really irritating how my mathematical ability is judged in such an unnatural (timed) manner.
indeed! really frustrating..

Reaction score
to be honest, it wasnt that tough!!!!! i finished it in 1 hour, it was just conceptual, those students who memorized theorems were never going to succeed, me expecting 65/75 ,,, te GT for A...A=50-53, B=44-46

Reaction score
to be honest, it wasnt that tough!!!!! i finished it in 1 hour, it was just conceptual, those students who memorized theorems were never going to succeed, me expecting 65/75 ,,, te GT for A...A=50-53, B=44-46

even if the majority of students fail to get more than 45 marks, the GT will be that high?