• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
2) Have you tried using tracing paper. The locus is the path that D moves as it is rotated.

This is an arc centre B, radius BD.

2) I've never seen this question in IGCSE and it doesn't really seem like a modern IGCSE question. I can help you with it if I can see the paper first.

3) 'The glass can be filled with water from the jar exactly 216 times.' This means that the volume factor = 216.

Scale factor = cube root(volume factor) = cube root (216) = 6. Multiply the radius and height of the glass by the scale factor (6) to find the height and radius of the jar.

4) Q17 only has parts a) and b). There's no part c).

Thank you ,,
thats was 0580/21/M/J/10 Q17 C
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Mathematics (0580)/0580_s10_qp_21.pdf
Sorry for misleading

Reaction score
Reaction score
total distance = 100 m
distance from 0 sec to 8 sec = 80.6 m(from (a) )
distance from 8 sec to 10 = 100-80.6=19.4 m
distance = area under graph
19.4 = 1/2 ( Base 1 + base 2 ) x Height were base 2 is the speed when he cross the finish line
so
19.4 = 1/2 ( 12.4 + x ) x 2 >> 19.4 = 12.4 + x >> x = 19.4-12.4=7
thnxx

Reaction score
sorry dear but i didnt get anythg :/ i never heard of model nd real...can u tell me which topic is it..ill study nd thnx a lot
lol i took that from the question paper you gve model of a car and the real car dran it

Reaction score
yes like for stretch we do 1/k what about shear?
Can't you just use the same method as you would to find the inverse of any other matrix?

It's really not important to learn the inverse transformation matrices for IGCSE. I'd focus my time on more important areas :)

Reaction score
Hey there. I have a qs in Oct/Nov 12 qp_23 #17.
I don't understand how to solve it.
First you find the angle of the sector by using the formula length of the arc=(theta/360)*pie*2*r
which is 4r=(tetaha/360)*pie*2*5r
now moving to the left hand 4r/(Pie*2*5r)=tetha/360 solve this to get thetah= 45.84
now equation for are of sector Area=(thetha/360)*pie*r^2
Area=(45.84/360)*pie*(5r)^2
Are is 10 r^2

Reaction score
WHaT does plane of Symmetry:mad: mean ????
when you draw this line the shapes on it sides should look similar Like the letter A has 1 if you ct it from UP to the down the left and right side is same lemme make it little more easier My Face Your face have one line of symmetry if you keep a mirror on the line of symmetry you can see the exact same other side
some things have 2 like the letter H some don't even have one like K an some have infinite like O :D
#ACOOLTRICK you can use the reflection of your geometry box to see if it is exactly the same that is use your geometry box shine surface a mirror ;)