• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
i m gving my ppr in this coming oct
i m rlly scared
right now im 60-70% in maths and i dunno hw 2 improve in it
sir can u plz hlp me or gv ny tips so i cn improve
i rrly want to gt an A*
plz sirthank u

Reaction score
Anyone know how to calculate your mark in mathematics extended?
I know my marks cuz of my mistakes . I had papers 22 and 42 and the curve is 176/260 to get an A* in the previous year. So i add up both of my expected marks and multiply them by 260 then divide it by 200(130+70; which is the total mark)
Is that right? If yes then i scored an A*
Please reply. And btw i got 147/200 so its 191/260
You don't need to multiply by 260. Just add the two marks together and that's your final mark.

Reaction score
notnek01 I know you said you won't answer questions like this, but what do you think the grade threshold for A* will be this year. Considering the difficulty level of our paper 42. Perhaps 170? Kindly predict

Reaction score
in the last question u should have divided 360 by 18.4 which would have given 19.5 something then the last triangle was N-1 = 19 and so 20-1=19 and so the answer is 20

Reaction score
i m rlly scared
i rrly want to gt an A*
plz sirthank u
sir are those old papers beneficial?
from wher do we start?

The only thing needed to improve in maths is lots of practise. Once you have covered all the topics, practise as much as you can. Yes, past papers are very helpful as you get the exact idea of the paper pattern along with practise. Solve as many past papers as you can in this time available but do solve at least 8-10 years.
Good Luck for your exam!

Reaction score
hi ppl, i have a question which iam confused in please help me out
the question is in may/june 2005 paper 2 question 6.

Reaction score
hi
i have a doubt in maths
o581 paper2 may/june 2006
question 6
hope u help me in this question

Reaction score
notnek01 I know you said you won't answer questions like this, but what do you think the grade threshold for A* will be this year. Considering the difficulty level of our paper 42. Perhaps 170? Kindly predict
the GT is usually very high, irrespective of the difficulty level! do well and pray you get a good grade :)

Reaction score
the GT is usually very high, irrespective of the difficulty level! do well and pray you get a good grade :)

High? No, it is not. One can find it high if compared with other subjects. But generally, it is not that high.

Reaction score
i m rlly scared
i rrly want to gt an A*
plz sirthank u
I was the only candidate who got an A* in my academy. My advice for u would be to practice as many papers as u can. Focus on the recent ones though. Write each and every step as each step helps you score marks and think carefully before solving the logic questions :)

Reaction score
what ur saying is actually true, but in may/june 2012, the exam was way easier than our exam and the A* = 174/200, so what do u expect it to be??? + most of the people said in the voting thing above that is either very hard or hard !!! Many people even think that the A* might be 160/200 this year but who knows !!!!!

Reaction score

Thanks but the grade threshold actually depends on the overall performance of everyone who wrote that variant which is related to the difficulty level