• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
s10 21 #17(c) i keep on getting the wrong answer! >.<
what rule do we use to find angle D? and the marking scheme says CED=19, how do you figure that out as well?
i tried filling up angles but i just cant figrue them out, i always have a problem with these type (the one at edges with no other nearby) is there any basic rule im missing?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
A company makes solid chocolate eggs and their shapes are mathematically similar.
The diagram shows eggs of height 2 cm and 6 cm.
The mass of the small egg is 4 g.
Calculate the mass of the large egg.

I need help with this question. Is there some kind of formula for an eggshape or something?? Please help me and explain to me step by step.
http://www.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/0580 - Mathematics/0580_s11_qp_21.pdf<------------- This paper question 6

The markingscheme says the answer is 108 and i dont know how it is??

NIM

Reaction score
s10 21 #17(c) i keep on getting the wrong answer! >.<
what rule do we use to find angle D? and the marking scheme says CED=19, how do you figure that out as well?
i tried filling up angles but i just cant figrue them out, i always have a problem with these type (the one at edges with no other nearby) is there any basic rule im missing?
line touching circumference should make the angle of 90...
according to me 90-52=38 so CED =38/2 which is equals to 19...
so CDE=180 (90+19)= 71*2 =142...
thats all