• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb...

Stuck somewhere in Maths?? Post your queries here! Members around will help you InshaAllah.

NOTE: If you have any doubt in the pastpper questions, then kindly post the link to the paper!

May Allah give us all success in this world as well as the HereAfter...Aameen!!

SEQUENCES-Points to remember:
Many people find it hard, but to be honest it's just more of logic..that's all!

Sequences!

Using log for indices.

TSZ

Reaction score
Re: IGCSE Maths Help--Available Here--Any Question

ok. There are so many forms of maths in IGCSE e.g international maths, additional mathematics, maths with coursework. What is the difference b/w dem and how many of dese cn a person give in one session?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

As far as I know I think u can give add maths and maths w/o coursework but i dont think u can give maths coursework and without coursework together

Anyway by saying to ask any questions i mean to say questions related to syllabus spesifically 0580 Maths....u can ask these questions but i cannot give correct answers always as i might lack knowledge for those :p

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

ok remember for Probability..remember all probabilities should be b/w 0 and 1 otherwise u have made a mistake
for AND usually multiplication is use and for OR addition

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

Another TIP:dont think that the question is hard if u cant get the ans. look in the question and ans. to the previous parts for eg see the probability question in june 2009 the question wil make u find the ans. in they earlier parts which r usually needed later in the question

Reaction score
Re: IGCSE Maths Tips..nov.2009!Available..ask as u like.. :)

Jazaak(i) Allahu Khairan , :) it is good to have some maths revision around...
Ah you mean June 2010? or June 2009?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

i mean jue 2009 ...that is the pastpaper question.. :)

Reaction score

oh , okay :) thanks

Reaction score

Hi :) I was wondering if we needed to learn any of the sine/cos rule?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

yes u have to!!
An easy method to know which to use is find out which things are given or asked...if u have a total of atleast two angles or two sides out of which one will be unknown u have to use the sine rule.... but if a total of 3 sides and one angle is included at least (out of which one might be unknown then u have to go for cosine rule - but remember if u have an unknown side then u shud have the angle opposite to that side!! :)
hope this helps..anything else...plz dont hesitate!!

Reaction score

please i need help in transformations with matrices. how to calculate transformations and matrice and vectors.
ASAP.

Reaction score

Hey GALAXY :]

Well if you could specify it a bit more , it will be a great asset to me in assisting you more adequately

Well anyways:

question: Transform the following shape(TRAPEZIUM) coordinates : Point P : (-1,2) Q: ( 1,4) R: (5,4) S: (1,0) by the transformation matrix (2 1)
0 -1
So then... arrange the points from the diagram into a 'matrix' as such : P Q R S and then times it by your transformation matrix above
(-1 1 5 1)
2 4 4 0
Make sure that the transformation matrix is before the coordinates of the shape in matrix form when you multiply it.Remember to times rows by columns and you should get (0 6 14 2)
2 -4 -4 0
These are the coordinates of the new tranformed shape (image) , Hope I helped :D

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

@galaxyheroit wud be better if u explain exactly what u need...
Anyway for transformation i will be posting smthng soon!!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

Assalamoalaikum!!
Ok so here is the way of finding the matrix!I have just made for reflection on x and y axis..if u people find it helpful , i will make for the rest too like for rotation,for reflection y=x and y= -x...so ur feed back needed!!

Reaction score
Re: IGCSE Maths Tips nov.2010!Confused!have questions?Post h

Thanks guys. im kinda getting hang of it. n also dont wana disturb this thread but also do inform me how to start an article and a letter in igcse english as a second language.

Reaction score

Pertaining to your question about English i Can give you some insight
You should always give the main 'topic' and main points you going to discuss in the first paragraph of a letter/article
I don't think it is required to write the address of the recipient and the sender in a letter for IGCSE , just say : Dear Friend/Sir when starting off
Remember to include the subject as a heading in a formal letter eg: Matter concerning the school

Reaction score

not that switch. i meant that on a given topic, like for ex- article on music a part of life. how should i start after giving a heading.

Reaction score

(x+2)(x+2)

x(x+2)+2(x+2)
x²+2x+2x+4
x²+4x+4

is there any easy way to get the answer

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score

yup there is!! now see:
(x + 2)(x + 2) can be written as (x + 2)²

and this is now in the form (a + b)² ....isnt it....Remember this --> (a + b)²= a² + 2ab + b²

so in our equation we have x as a and 2 as b so this is the solution --> x² + 2 (x)(2) + 2² = x² + 4x +4

got it??