• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
i agree with both of you. btw are logs supposed to be in igcse exams? or are the examiners are just bending the rules a bit

Reaction score
Ohh you used a ruler to find that?
Another question, why did you take 18?
Bcozzzzzz thts the frequency i mean the actual number of students.
No i did not use a ruler...see a normal graph ppr tht u buy frm a shop.it has a big square in which there r 4 small squares...i considered these small squares...hope u can understand...

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Mathematics (0580)/0580_s09_qp_4.pdf

Q4(b)(ii) Can someone please explain how to get the bearing? I tried many ways and still can't get it.

Same paper, Q11(d)(i) & Q11(d)(ii). For (i) please could you explain step by step how to do the algebraic manipulation, and for (ii) I would like to know a shortcut to find two consecutive terms of a sequence from the their sum?

http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Mathematics (0580)/0580_w10_qp_41.pdf

Q3(a) Can someone please explain step by step how to prove this?

Same paper, Q7(a) Can someone explain the reasons for x & y? Especially y, I don't understand how y is = 62, and why the MS says that it's because they're angles in the same segment/arc. How do you determine a segment or arc?

Also, Q7(c) Can someone explain this step by step?

Lastly, Q(9)(d) Can you explain step by step how to do the algebraic manipulation?

Thanks a lot in advance to whoever answers any of these questions. I hope they can be answered soon because the paper is on Monday.

Reposting because nobody seems to have answered any even though questions after it have been answered. :(

Reaction score
Bcozzzzzz thts the frequency i mean the actual number of students.
No i did not use a ruler...see a normal graph ppr tht u buy frm a shop.it has a big square in which there r 4 small squares...i considered these small squares...hope u can understand...
Thank youu!

Reaction score
Reaction score
see for the first question substitute x=4,p = 1, q = −2, r = −3 in equation y = px2 + qx + r
for second question substitute p,q, and r as shown above with y=0
For K take the formulae as y = p(-x)2 + q(-x) + r
For L take the normal formulae (y = px + qx + r) substituting y=0
Thank youuu ! Can u also explain c(ii)

Reaction score
ok one last doubt..
matrix operator for stretch with x-axis invariant is..
k 0
0 1?
please reply asap :)