• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
i was just wondering why 22 not 39 ? i know 180-124-34 but isnt there a theorem that says angles subtended by same arc are equal ?
You could have applied that method, if 'AB' and 'DO' are parallel, but they are not.

Reaction score
You could have applied that method, if 'AB' and 'DO' are parallel, but they are not.

why is angle DOA 34 ? i know angle at cente is double the one at circumfrence but i thought it only applied to DOC and DBC since they are both formed from the two point D and C

Reaction score
If 2.00508 = 2.01 ( corrected to 3 sf)

Could 2.00805=2.0 if it is to be corrected to 2 sf ?!

I am confused:confused: Need HELP

Reaction score
hey can anyone please help me in how to find whether two events are indenpendent or not ? plz help as soon as possible as tomorrow is my exam thnks.........

Reaction score
guys i have a doubt in may/june 2013 paper 23 ques 19 b(ii) (0580) and can someone give me a link about postion vectors because i srsly need help

Reaction score
hey can anyone please help me in how to find whether two events are indenpendent or not ? plz help as soon as possible as tomorrow is my exam thnks.........

Two events are independent if the occurrence of one event is unaffected by the occurrence of the other. The AND rule:
p(A and B) =p(A) * p(B)
where p(A)= probability of A occurring
p(B)= probability of B occurring

(THIS IS COPIED FROM THE MATH FORMULA BOOK)

So when they say (AND) it is independent & u need to multiply the probabilities.

Reaction score
Two events are independent if the occurrence of one event is unaffected by the occurrence of the other. The AND rule:
p(A and B) =p(A) * p(B)
where p(A)= probability of A occurring
p(B)= probability of B occurring

(THIS IS COPIED FROM THE MATH FORMULA BOOK)

So when they say (AND) it is independent & u need to multiply the probabilities.
but in some questions they say state whether a event is independent or dependent and we have to show the whole working as well so what to do in those answers as u cannot say that there is and in between so it is independent............

Reaction score
but in some questions they say state whether a event is independent or dependent and we have to show the whole working as well so what to do in those answers as u cannot say that there is and in between so it is independent............

Amm I don't really understand what you mean :/ .... I hope someone else would help you

Reaction score
Good luck to everyone appearing for tomorrow's math test :)
Do well and lets have a good discussion on the answers tomorrow! haha :p

Reaction score
Good luck to everyone appearing for tomorrow's math test :)
Do well and lets have a good discussion on the answers tomorrow! haha :p
Hi, snailey. It is not allowed in XPC to discuss a paper within 24 hours of it taking place.

Reaction score