• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I did what my teacher told me to. I do like mechanics better. But now my stats paper is within a week so yeah, nothing can be done- except we can pray. So pray that I do really well in it. :)
advice: never base ur future on someone else even if its a teacher. do what u see is the best for u..u should of done M2 if u thought its better for u but what happened has happened already and no worries if u studied hard enough den hopefully u gonna owwnnnnn dat paper ;) i will pray for u!!

Reaction score
advice: never base ur future on someone else even if its a teacher. do what u see is the best for u..u should of done M2 if u thought its better for u but what happened has happened already and no worries if u studied hard enough den hopefully u gonna owwnnnnn dat paper ;) i will pray for u!!

I didn't know any better. :/ But insha'Allah, like you said, I'll own that paper! With the help of loads of prayers!:D

Reaction score
Yep! I got it 100%, thanks to u. Can u solve another question if u r in the mood? :p
Its Q 9 part ii) of this paper
http://papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge International A and AS Level/Mathematics (9709)/9709_s07_qp_3.pdf

Oh its easy... if you have done part i u must have found direction vector (normal vector) of the plane ABC .. in part (ii) just find normal of OAB and dot it ...
if u can visualise u shall see that normal of OAB is (0,0,1) ( just for simplicity)
dont fret if yu dont get what I said in my visualise part :D just find normal of OAB in normal way..

Reaction score
Oh its easy... if you have done part i u must have found direction vector (normal vector) of the plane ABC .. in part (ii) just find normal of OAB and dot it ...
if u can visualise u shall see that normal of OAB is (0,0,1) ( just for simplicity)
dont fret if yu dont get what I said in my visualise part :D just find normal of OAB in normal way..

Thanks! :)

Reaction score
tip:
whenever examiner asks to find the angle between the two planes just dot the normal vectors of both planes...
its equally possible for you to get acute or obtuse angle in the process... if you find obtuse and question asks for acute just subtract it from 180
Okay! How do we find the normal of OAB?