• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I have just solved 2008 papers onwards. Sone of which I get stuck, I havr piled them and gonna et them answered tomorrow.
I hope its enough to score me an A
Is it?

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.
The marking scheme got the value of C as 3 (I got 6). They also got the value of K as 0.4 (I got 0.4). You must've noticed that I got half their values.. so I've messed up in one tiny bit of the question. I'll appreciate if you could take a closer look at my solution
I continued your work, and got the answer, that's why. Idk about the value of c though. I tried doing the integrating part directly without bringing about the constant 'c' and still got the value of k=0.8 and the final answer still turns out to be 63.

Reaction score
P(z^2)=0 that means z^2= -2, and the z^2=two other complex roots from 10a.
Solving for z, you get z= -2^.5 which will give you plus, minus i2^.5 for the first one.
For the other complex roots, assume that their root is a+bi where a and b are real numbers. Equate them simultaneously and you get a^2-b^2= -2 and ab=-3^.5
From here find the values of a and b and replace them in a+bi and you get two more roots+ two more.

Reaction score
P(z^2)=0 that means z^2= -2, and the z^2=two other complex roots from 10a.
Solving for z, you get z= -2^.5 which will give you plus, minus i2^.5 for the first one.
For the other complex roots, assume that their root is a+bi where a and b are real numbers. Equate them simultaneously and you get a^2-b^2= -2 and ab=-3^.5
From here find the values of a and b and replace them in a+bi and you get two more roots+ two more.
I didnt understand