• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

mathematics syllybus D p1 discussion

Reaction score
Don't plan to spoil everyone's hopes, but just so you know, the wage of $7.60 was for each HOUR worked. The girl wasn't going to get paid for the quarter hour she worked after 8 hours. Simply, the wage was 7.60×8=$60.8.
I've done questions like these multiple times and the examiner has always stressed to take whole numbers if the pay is on an hourly basis.

Reaction score
Don't plan to spoil everyone's hopes, but just so you know, the wage of $7.60 was for each HOUR worked. The girl wasn't going to get paid for the quarter hour she worked after 8 hours. Simply, the wage was 7.60×8=$60.8.
I've done questions like these multiple times and the examiner has always stressed to take whole numbers if the pay is on an hourly basis.
The girl started work for 7 45 N ended at 4 30 pm with half hour break ...
SO working time is 8 15 N so wage is 62.7

Reaction score
now
i can understand why you havent received any likes:p

Reaction score
how about the d/t graph of the girl....was it from up to down. from 12 - 0 in y axis and starting from 03 10 and ending at 03 55 in x axis ? and was the meeting point of them = 7km?
mine graph was like that and the meeting point too

Reaction score

Can anyone confirm this?

Reaction score
what was the answer of last qstn quadratic equation p+- underoot q? + what was the cube number and 78 factor qstn. and was 1.44:1 is correct cox i wrote this and im not sure about it :/

Last one was 3+-underroot 6. Cube number was 64 (4 cube). Which one was 78 factor one? Try to make me remember. 1.44:1 was absolutely correct.

Reaction score
plz tell the answer of distance graph speed and reason for it
I made silly mistakes in the graphs and I knew the answers :oops:. Answer where they met was 7km as I have heard. And I dont know about the graphs :(

Why didn't you get +-underroot 6? What method u used for it? I used completing square method.

Reaction score
x2-6x-3! a=1 b=-6 c=-3
so:
=-(-6)+-underroot(-6)2-4(1)(-3)/2(1)
=6+-underroot36+12/2
=6/2 +-underoot48/2
=3+-underoot24

i used quadratic method[/quote]

i did it correct till=-(-6)+-underroot(-6)2-4(1)(-3)/2(1)
=6+-underroot36+12/2 so will i get any marks

Reaction score
I refrain from quadratic formula because of this xD. My friends who used quadratic formula also messed it up :p