• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths AS HELP!!

Reaction score
Can someone briefly tell me when do we use differentiation, integration, and normal equation? I get really confused no matter how much I solve past papers >.<

Reaction score
differentiation is used when they ask to find out the gradient. dy/dx is the gradient of a given point in equation
Integration is used when dy/dx is given and asked to find the equation
Integration is also used to find the area under the curve so u integrate the equation
Integration is also used when volume is asked to find. but then u square the whole equation and take pie as common

Reaction score
differentiation is used when they ask to find out the gradient. dy/dx is the gradient of a given point in equation
Integration is used when dy/dx is given and asked to find the equation
Integration is also used to find the area under the curve so u integrate the equation
Integration is also used when volume is asked to find. but then u square the whole equation and take pie as common
That really helped! Thank you so much! :'D
Just one more question, when shall I use the perpendicular gradient and when should I use the normal gradient? I'm so sorry for asking more questions ;__;

Reaction score
when they ask for the equation of tangent to the curve its gradient will be the normal dy/dx of the equation of curve

if they ask for normals equation then first find dy/dx normally then divide it by -1 to get the gradient of normal i.e. the perpendicular gradient

Reaction score
when they ask for the equation of tangent to the curve its gradient will be the normal dy/dx of the equation of curve

if they ask for normals equation then first find dy/dx normally then divide it by -1 to get the gradient of normal i.e. the perpendicular gradient
I seriously cannot thank you enough. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! God bless you, dude :'D