• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths D 22

How did your paper go?

• bad, difficult to score an A*

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • Vey good

Votes: 40 47.1%
  • Just okay

Votes: 28 32.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
the question said that she was paid some dollars for an hour.i think ur ans is wrong. similarly if rice costs 80 rs per kg. and you buy 1.5 kg rice. would u give 1200 rs or 80 rs saying that rice is bought on kg basis

I did for 8h15 mins too...
There was a past paper question,which said that we have to calculate for completed hours but both answers will be credited.

Reaction score
I have one query from Paper 1.... :oops:
Well, there was that question of Someone who works and gets paid by hour..
The time worked was 8 h 15 min...
So did we have to take the money for the 8 hours only or for the 15 mins tooo.....? :confused:

just 8 hours, because she was being paid per hour, nt per minutes or so, after every hour.

Reaction score
the question said that she was paid some dollars for an hour.i think ur ans is wrong. similarly if rice costs 80 rs per kg. and you buy 1.5 kg rice. would u give 1200 rs or 80 rs saying that rice is bought on kg basis

Perfect example.

Reaction score
Perfect example.

nah, these two examples are different. look, the question said she is paid for every hour nt per hour. well, we cant say anything, it depends how they took it. let's hope for the best.

Reaction score
nah, these two examples are different. look, the question said she is paid for every hour nt per hour. well, we cant say anything, it depends how they took it. let's hope for the best.

Agreed!
There's a difference between per hour and every hour.

Reaction score

Yeah, but, you get paid for what you work. It's not like her 15 minutes or 30 minutes don't account for anything. If they didn't, why would she work for the extra bit? Yeah, let's just hope for the better.

Reaction score
Yeah, but, you get paid for what you work. It's not like her 15 minutes or 30 minutes don't account for anything. If they didn't, why would she work for the extra bit? Yeah, let's just hope for the better.

well, we dont know why she worked for 15 min or what, maybe she had to leave due to any emergency :p

Reaction score

What I did was,first calculated for 8 hours.
Then for 15 minutes.
Although I didn't add both as the question clearly highlighted that she was paid for every hour.