• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths P 1.

Reaction score
there is a easy way t learn transformation matrices.u will never need to memorise!
for e-g enlargement vid centre of enlargement (0,0)
1.select point 1,0----->image is k,0 where k k is da scale factor
2.select point 0,1------>image is 0,k
so ur matrix is (k 0)
(0 k) i have put to brackets b/c i cud not draw da matric

Reaction score
likewise follow da same rule for other dat is
1.select point 1,0 .get its image thru the transformation mentioned
2.select points 0,1 get its image in the same way
but NOTE

E-G 0 -1
1 0 these are the images obtained for 1,0 and 0,1 respectively (clockwise 90 0,0)
the matrix is not this
IT IS [0 1]
[-1 0]
i hope every thing is clear. note in the course we have to knw matrices for reflection Y=X,Y=-X IN THE LINE X-axis in the line y-axis
rotation only abt origin(others are IMPOSSIBLE)ENLARGEMENT ABT origin.stretch perp. to x and y axis both.shear parallel to y and x axis both.
cambridge igcse maths explains this all ( AUTHOR:KAREN MORRISON)

Reaction score
hassam said:
there is a easy way t learn transformation matrices.u will never need to memorise!
for e-g enlargement vid centre of enlargement (0,0)
1.select point 1,0----->image is k,0 where k k is da scale factor
2.select point 0,1------>image is 0,k
so ur matrix is (k 0)
(0 k) i have put to brackets b/c i cud not draw da matric
man this looked to me lyk supercalifraglisticexpladocious can u kindly explain it again in a more easy way??? i would be really thankful!!! :)

Reaction score
@ habib: lol its the longest word of english having no meaning but is used symbolically to express that something is to difficult

Reaction score
plz help me out with math nov 2006 pap1 question no.19.....please fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did we take out the value of Y?????????????????????

Reaction score
isabella said:
plz help me out with math nov 2006 pap1 question no.19.....please fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how did we take out the value of Y?????????????????????

what do u find difficult in it???????????

pls explain

Reaction score
also if anyone can explain me : math nov 2006 pap1 qs 20 part (c)...how to find volume of X and Y?

Reaction score
isabella said:
also if anyone can explain me : math nov 2006 pap1 qs 20 part (c)...how to find volume of X and Y?

find ratio of volume of X to volume of C

subtract the Ratio of volume of X from C....that will be ratio of volume of Y

vol. of X:vol. of C
27:125

vol. of X : vol. of Y
27 : 125-27
=27 : 98

Reaction score
u want believe but.....i am actually reading the books all four of them to refresh my concept and then doing the papers