• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths P1 13th/oct .. how was it?

Reaction score
hey its been 24 hours now..

nyway.. how was it guys?? and any idea about the last question??

Reaction score
i did paper 12....i wrongly replaced limits in the last ques...otherwise on ze whole it was OK..

Reaction score
yeah i did paper 12 too..
didi u get one of the coordinates as 7.5 as y?
and k was 4 right??
i hope i dd good.. its my last chance..

oh can i ask one more thing.. ??
if i lost max 10 marks in p1
do i stil have a chance of an A?

Reaction score
and how did u do the volume man,, i only did the volume of the curve and the trapezium.. !!!
i know its rng bt i did half of it atleast ;S

Reaction score
volume of curve was 2pie and the final ans was i dunno its correct 2.53. of last Question. what was k and the coordinates.

Reaction score
i did p 12 and the paper was easy but lengthy so couldn't get to finish the last question only did the volume of curve and wrote the rite formula can any one tell me how much marks would i get out of 9 btw my ans of area under curve was 2pie.

Reaction score
i also did paper 12. i thought it was quite ok. in question 6 i got k=4 and x=0.5! on the question on volume of revoution I got 2 point something pi. I'm pretty sure i'll get an A, everything went really well but i always loose marks with stupid mistakes, like forgeting to write a number or writing it wrong. even though i checked everything like 3 times, you never know...
glad it went ok for everyone!

Reaction score
ques 6 was about finding value of k...and den finding coordinates...
i believe da final eqn was 4x(square)-4x+1=0...x was 0.5 and k..4

Reaction score
Oh yes now i remember getting those numbers :) but didnt it ask for the RANGE of values for k? or was that another question? :/

for the rate of change question, were we just meant to plug in 5 to our differentiated equation?

for the functions question, what did u guys get for the range of g(x) and the domain of g^-1(x)?? i think i got >3 for the range and <3 for the domain. Was it just > or was it >=? ...and also how did u calculate h(x)?

for the last question, what did u get for ur volume under the straight line before u subtracted the volume under the curve from it?

Reaction score
I only managed to find the volume under the line AB due to time issues. How many marks do u think i would get out of 9 for that?

Reaction score
can anyone tell when will be this p 12 uploaded here ????????? need to prove that i am gettig an A ......lolzzzzzzz

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
if u r speaking for nov 2010 paper then let me remind u that it will uploaded only after the result may be a week or so after the result!! :)

Reaction score
the paper wasnt too difficult but a litle tricky...domain of f inverse was the range of F(x)..so it was more than 3.h(x) was x^2+3(i dont remember th exact answer...may be -3)...wat was ur answer of vector's question.....at my school ..every had different answer execpt few people

Reaction score
I got the area as 11pi/12 . I did apply the formula and other things right which was like

pi y2(square) - pi y1(square)
where y2 was the equation of the line and y1 the eq. of the curve

but still cant be sure of the final answer as I am always prone to follow-up mistakes in lengthy questions.
Anyways if the formula and like most of my steps are good, then i might be able to score around 6 or 7 i would say.
Overall the paper was good, except for the Volume and Surface area question, which beat me real bad! :(