• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths P1 13th/oct .. how was it?

Reaction score
khalid said:
the paper wasnt too difficult but a litle tricky...domain of f inverse was the range of F(x)..so it was more than 3.h(x) was x^2+3(i dont remember th exact answer...may be -3)...wat was ur answer of vector's question.....at my school ..every had different answer execpt few people

yeah i got 69.6 degrees. you??

and btw, so r u sayin ur range was >3 or it was >=3.

Reaction score
yes i got my angle in 60's and my teacher told me that range of function is the domain of its inverse.. so i wrote exactly the same .still i am not sure

Reaction score
Aoa guyz..
overall my paper went great..im just unsure bout the volume question...my ans was 0.917pi..can anyone cunfirm that?
thnx

Reaction score
nai sir....maximun students( including me)except few did the volume question wrong.answer was 2.88 pie some thing. i made silly mistake.. didnt put the correct integrals.

Reaction score
yeah bcoz in all the past papers .. its a rule ..

the question was x(2)-4x+7
and when u do the complete square form it will be.. (x-2)square+3
so therefore in the nxt part it says.
Obtain an expression for f-1 bla bla and state the domain..

so if the range of the first one was y>3 so it will be the same x>3

Reaction score
Islu_jf said:
yeah bcoz in all the past papers .. its a rule ..

the question was x(2)-4x+7
and when u do the complete square form it will be.. (x-2)square+3
so therefore in the nxt part it says.
Obtain an expression for f-1 bla bla and state the domain..

so if the range of the first one was y>3 so it will be the same x>3

oh ok so the domain was also >3 :( damm i rote <3 . oh well.. how many marks did i loose for that?

Reaction score
one mark bcuz the whole one had 3/// 2 for the f inverse and 1 for the domain..
no worries.. =D

Reaction score
i had k=4 ..
and the coordinates = (0.5 ,15/2) nt really sure.. u ?
i will try to attach the paper sumwhere if um allowd to!

Reaction score
i thought they asked for the range of k.. thus my anser was 0 < k < 4 :/ and my coordinates were (0.5,2)

Reaction score
k here u go the question..

A curve has eq. y=kx*2 +1 and a line has eq. y=kx, where k is a non-zero constant.

(i) find the set of values for which the curve and the line have no common points. [3]
(ii)state the value of k for which the line is a tangent to the curve and, for this case, find the coordinates of the point where the line touches the curve.[4]

Reaction score
Thankx for that bro :)
and since it said set of values i think we needed to find the range and not just state the value of k. since the equation would look like k^2 - kx + 1 < 0 when we use b^2 - 4ac, ...when we solve for k, we get two values, 0 and 4. those would be our two limits for k wouldnt they?

Reaction score
awesum :) what was ur guys's answer for the rate of change question part 2 where it sed 5 years..

Reaction score
dont remeber the exact but in first we just had to differentiate and then in part 2 put 5=t