• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths P1 13th/oct .. how was it?

Reaction score
sijanthapa said:
For paper 12 the answer of the last question is 2.88 the value of y=0.5... i am damn sure...
naaaaaaa
The ans was 0.91pie, most of the people got this ans

Reaction score
usamazee said:
i did p 12 and the paper was easy but lengthy so couldn't get to finish the last question only did the volume of curve and wrote the rite formula can any one tell me how much marks would i get out of 9 btw my ans of area under curve was 2pie.
Well if you did some correct working out, there's no way you'd get 0/9. Depending on how much of it you answered, it can be anywhere from 3-7/9.

Reaction score
umer1 said:
sijanthapa said:
For paper 12 the answer of the last question is 2.88 the value of y=0.5... i am damn sure...
naaaaaaa
The ans was 0.91pie, most of the people got this ans
To be perfectly accurate the answer was 11pie/12, or 11/12 pie, depending on how you write it. And considering that they prefer 3 s.f., a better answer would be 0.917pie.

Reaction score
There was a question about finding the area of a curve which is rotated.
I just wrote the formula. which was Pi x (that sign for integration) blablabla dx= and then I did not do any calculations just found a value by using my calculator which was something like 3.11 Pi.
I know it was pretty wrong but will I get any points for that one?

Reaction score
sparkie said:
There was a question about finding the area of a curve which is rotated.
I just wrote the formula. which was Pi x (that sign for integration) blablabla dx= and then I did not do any calculations just found a value by using my calculator which was something like 3.11 Pi.
I know it was pretty wrong but will I get any points for that one?

i don't fink points are given for just writing the formula without substituting any values...
btw...even your given formula is wrng..it should be
volume = pi (integral sign) (curve)2 - (line)2 dx limits from 0 to 5

Reaction score
I found the paper a bit tricky so now am busy preparing for my Statistics so that I get an A in that and pull my overall grade up.
So am wondering what do you think the grade boundaries for Pure Math 1 will be:
A- 70-% and above
B- 60%
C- 50%
D- 40%

am I right? What do you think?

Reaction score
I did p13 and iuno...lost a few easy marks ere and there. But it wasnt extremely hard