• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths P2 Preparation Thread...

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
HOW TO DO QUESTION 11 MAY 2009 PART (B) (iii) (B)? IS IT FINE OR LINK ALSO NEEDED?
Hope this helps :)

Attachments

• Question 11 (b) (iii) (b) May 2009 Paper 2.png
    Question 11 (b) (iii) (b) May 2009 Paper 2.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 94
Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge%20O%20Levels/4024%20-%20Mathematics/4024_s06_qp_2.pdf

HOW TO DO 11(B) (iii) ? of this paper????
Here is the solution:

Attachments

• May 2006 (Vectors).png
    May 2006 (Vectors).png
    10.1 KB · Views: 76
Reaction score
Usman17 said:
Guyz in question 3 part b of this paper http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridg ... 8_qp_2.pdf why cant it be done like this 17x/32 - 15x/32= 18... :| please xplain the correct method also...
and the same paper question 4b (iv) a... There is not hint of parallel sides given or is dere\\?? so how can we assume it by our own? :|

Q3) (b) The difference between the ratios of their heartbeats = 17 - 15 = 2
=> 2 -----> 18
=> 15-----> 18/2 x 15 = 9 x 15 = 135.
Therefore, Ali's heart rate = 135 times per minute.

Q4) (b) (i) In this part, you find out that angles y and z are equal. CF is the transversal of the two lines BF and CE. When the alternate angles y and z are equal, then of course BF is parallel to CE ! Hope I answered your question.

Reaction score
hey can we use formula nth term= 1st term + d(n-1)

if yes so ix any pre statement needed?

and if sum 1 can kindly tell me how can u differentiate between shear n stretch by looking at the fig :oops: ures i ll be so thankful. it ix super confusing! :Search:

Reaction score
cud sumone help me in sets topic.? it jxt doesnt get into my head.. lyk the question that came in paper 1.. if suppose its P =(1,2,3,4,5) and Q=(4,5,6,7) and the universal set contains (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) so if the question is P U Q' would we include 4 and 5 in the answer??

Reaction score
grkbb101 said:
how can u differentiate between shear n stretch by looking at the fig :oops: ures i ll be so thankful. it ix super confusing! :Search:
in shear the shape may change entirely but the area remains same as the object.. n stretch looks like it has been pulled in one or two directions..(one and two-way stretch respectively) the area changes in stretch.

Reaction score
stretch pulls on one side means in one dirction but in enlargement the object is sort of strtched with a same scale factor in each dirction.. the cmplt enlarged figure is exactly the same as object except for its size..

Reaction score
n i have a slight confusion regardng two-way stretch... generally the scale factor is differnt for both directions of two-way one but im not fully cnfident on this one sorry

Reaction score
some people are under the impression that we will be provided with an answer booklet in p2. This is NOT the case. Canditates now have to answer ON the question paper..

Reaction score
dats better then... but the graph printed????? i've sum prblm usse dekh k mera sar ghoom jata h... :(

Reaction score
no actually the print is quite good and clear. Just like the Physics ATP and Chemistry ATP wala graph, if not better

Reaction score
Hey Guyz... HELP NEEDED in 2 questions fast...
J00 p2 q.8... the graph one... how are we going to find the least value of m... please do tell... Its not on xtreme so ican not provide the link... please see it in the redspots...!!