• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths p42 Nov 2011 M1

Reaction score
Yes people the exam was long and a bit difficult but it was manageable.
To find C, u need to use pythogaros on the fr=2*3^0.5 and the N=8.
question 6, the answers were: 300m, 200m and about 61.3m (sumthing like that)
indeed it was tricky. u had to use 3 simul. equations. It could easily be a 7 mark question. It took me 1.5 pages for this last part.
Q7 looked easy, until u had to use complete the square in its last part. However I got that so for me the paper was chilled! Many of my friends (smart) said the made atleast 10 mistakes so I feel the gt should be about 36/37.
Btwm for the last part of Q7, the funny limits, I got t>200 and t<400. Can someone pls confirm!

Thanks and best of luck for the remaining papers! :)

Reaction score
btww my c was smthng like 9.4 and the time was like 125 and 300 smthngg ..... and tension was 7.2 smthng and the acceleration for that was 2... can you tell abot question 2 answersssss

Reaction score
yes the accn and tension are 100% right! I am not sure about C though as our mech. teacher confirmed my answer was right! Hardies :/
Was question2 the one for integrating twice. If yes, the answer was 111metres. :)

Reaction score
lool ok so c is 8 according to your teacher??? umm i rlyy duno i completelyy forgott question 2:s andd question 5 tension one what was the distance part(ii)

Reaction score
No my friend. C is the resultant of both the friction and the normal contact force. N=8 and Friction is 2*3^0.5 so to find C u have to use pythogoras and solve for hypotenuse. I get C as 8.72...
I remeber the velocity when hits ground is 3m/s. distance was 2.25 metres.

cheers

Reaction score
I think for c ... the normal contact will be 8 and the frictional will be root something .. so at last will be c= root 8^2 + something^2 .. because it said that c is the resultant for these two forces .....
for the distance question I did AB=200 and BD =300 and I didn't do iii)

for no.3 .. yes I integerated twice and the S will be 110.73 approx. 111

for the values of t .. t=300 and t =600

Reaction score
hey for that first integration question, i think u had to integrate for one time only to get the V and then use the T=16 to get the FINAL VELOCITY and INITIAL VELOCITY is already given in the questions so u use the equation of S= 1/2 (u+V) X t

Don't think u need to integrate twice though :-/

Reaction score
Yes u could do that or like @takeurtime says, we integrate a to get v and integrate again to get s. It boils down to the same thing.

Reaction score
but i didn't get the same answer as u or takeurtime lol, i know that it sounds right but it's like different :S

ok if i do it my way, do i use the time given in the question to find the S in the equation S=1/2 (u+v) X t ?

Reaction score
my c ( resulatant force was 7.42 ) !! is that right :unknown:

i couldn't do the 6 last part though

also i can't remeber QUESTION ASKING VALUES OF T though could u pplease remind me !! ( afraid i forgot to solve it ) :cry:

i think i didn't do very good at this exam and lost about 18 marks pure afraid i won't get an
A but i should never loso hope in god :)

Reaction score
indianlegendd said:
No i am sorry but i am 150% sure c is 8.72
its confirmed with my teacher.

sorry man :/

actually I can't remember the final answer ... but the was the frictional force = 5cos 30 only right ??? ..

Reaction score
Abdulrab said:
wat was the weight of the object ????

10 .. i think it was 4 cos 30 not 5 ... :S obviously we don't remember the numbers well .. but the concept is the same

Reaction score
Abdulrab said:
yo we r the true brothers !! :D

ohh lool I'm a girl ... btw for the distances I did Ab=200 and AD = 300 like you ... so are you sure about your answers ??