• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths (Paper 3)

Reaction score
It went really well for me :) el 7amdullelah!!!
I did the p32 varient, i finished in 1 hour!! and had time to revise everything! Ya Allah!! Im so relieved.. Now the terrible mechanics :(

Reaction score
maniac33 said:
MukeshG93 said:
I AM AN IDIOT! I MESSED THE INTEGRATION BY PARTS FORMULA AND SCREWED 5 - 6 MARKS IN THE LAST QUESTION. Everything else went perfect through, I triple checked everything beforehand and THAT'S WHY I RAN OUT OF TIME! CIE, TWO GRAPHS IN ONE PAPER?? WHAT THE HECK?? ARGHHHH!!! So much time pressure and annoying questions! Although I got them right, but my luck didn't favor me enough to get the integration by parts formula right. I even take further mathematics, so why did I get it wrong?? I even lost my cell phone today!! Public transport is so insecure here in Nepal! :cry: ARGHHHHHHHHHH
yeahh,...that stupid graph paper....i completed my argand diagram...doing so neatly for the first and than i came to know i was supposed to do it on the other side. :x .....and you should have checked the formula booklet once....!

who told u dat...first i made on the side where we had to fill in d details...but i made a mistake...i asked d invigilator...he told me dat u can use both sides

Reaction score
guyz i thgt everyone knew about the formula booklet!! but for some reason no one in my class uses it!!

i actually have been using it since day one of A2 maths!!

Reaction score
MukeshG93 said:
maniac33 said:
MukeshG93 said:
I AM AN IDIOT! I MESSED THE INTEGRATION BY PARTS FORMULA AND SCREWED 5 - 6 MARKS IN THE LAST QUESTION. Everything else went perfect through, I triple checked everything beforehand and THAT'S WHY I RAN OUT OF TIME! CIE, TWO GRAPHS IN ONE PAPER?? WHAT THE HECK?? ARGHHHH!!! So much time pressure and annoying questions! Although I got them right, but my luck didn't favor me enough to get the integration by parts formula right. I even take further mathematics, so why did I get it wrong?? I even lost my cell phone today!! Public transport is so insecure here in Nepal! :cry: ARGHHHHHHHHHH
yeahh,...that stupid graph paper....i completed my argand diagram...doing so neatly for the first and than i came to know i was supposed to do it on the other side. :x .....and you should have checked the formula booklet once....!

^^^CHECKED THE FORMULA BOOKLET ONCE^^^AND SHOULD HAVE CHECKED MY POCKET FOR MY CELLPHONE AS WELL^^^

Gah, a black cat must have found my way today. I felt so confident about the integration by parts formula and when I was about to move on to ACTUALLY correcting that part, DING DONG, time's up! So, who's up for some exorcism? I gotta get rid of this ghost of bad luck that's hovering over me ALL THE TIME. I prepared so well, but in the end.. IT DIDN'T EVEN MATTER! Gah, so frustrated....
:eek:
ks136 said:
maniac33 said:
MukeshG93 said:

who told u dat...first i made on the side where we had to fill in d details...but i made a mistake...i asked d invigilator...he told me dat u can use both sides

aaaa..........i started from the opposite side.......i just started my work randomly....and after i completed i came to know details had to be filled in the opposite side and...and i had drawn the figure upside down... :fool: ...i didn't ask any one .......hope its not a big deal..... 8)

mukesh...i had had the same xperience last time wid my stats paper.....it was the one for which i had worked so hard......well now let it go....hope ur AS and mechanics will overcome this.... :)

Reaction score
Easy????? YOu calll that paper easy? are ya serious???? comeone dude it was dead easy man!!!!
hahaa
went good lets hope fot the best!!!

Reaction score
utsav156 said:
Easy????? YOu calll that paper easy? are ya serious???? comeone dude it was dead easy man!!!!
hahaa

Inshallah...i'll score full marks if i hadn't made silly mistakes....well
I THINK WE CAN NOW DISCUSS THE PAPER

Reaction score
ks136 said:
utsav156 said:
hahaa

Karanjit, it was easy but my luck didn't favor me at all yesterday. Well, as for the paper's exact answers:

Hope you do score full marks dude, good luck with that :) You deserve it.

Complex number: value of a = -2
For the binomial expansion, the term without x was 0
For the last question, x-coordinate of M = 2 and x-coordinate of P = 1 (although I didn't manage to calculate P properly)
The exponential graph was sort of a weird parabola
The argand diagram comes out as a circle with it's top-right fraction being cut by a line and you were supposed to shade the larger section.
For the parametric equations, dy/dx = 2(sint cost)^2
For the first question, there are two negative values for which the answer is like: x < a or x > b (a was -5 and b was -3/7 or something like that, don't remember)
The angle between the planes was 79.7
The answer for the iteration was 1.35 rads
Anything else?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what Question no 3 was? I forgot :$

I am trying to prepare a answer sheet with all the answers in it.

Q1 - Was modulus related inequalities.
Q2 - Logarithm.
Q3 - ??
Q4 - Tan X related Iteration.
Q5 - Parametric Equation.
Q6 - Differential Equation.
Q7 - Complex Numbers.
Q8 - Binomial Expansion.
Q9 - Vectors.
Q10 - Graph in which integration by parts had to be used.

Reaction score
Okay I think I got it.

Q2 - Logarithm.
Q3 -Tan X related Iteration.
Q4 - Parametric Equation.
Q5 - Trigonometry with Cos X.
Q7 - Complex Numbers.
Q8 - Binomial Expansion.
Q9 - Vectors.

Reaction score
samsung156 said:
Okay I think I got it.

Q2 - Logarithm.
Q3 -Tan X related Iteration.
Q4 - Parametric Equation.
Q5 - Trigonometry with Cos X.
Q7 - Complex Numbers.
Q8 - Binomial Expansion.
Q9 - Vectors.

Yea that's right

Reaction score
MukeshG93 said:
ks136 said:
utsav156 said:
hahaa

Karanjit, it was easy but my luck didn't favor me at all yesterday. Well, as for the paper's exact answers:

Hope you do score full marks dude, good luck with that :) You deserve it.

Complex number: value of a = -2
For the binomial expansion, the term without x was 0
For the last question, x-coordinate of M = 2 and x-coordinate of P = 1 (although I didn't manage to calculate P properly)
The exponential graph was sort of a weird parabola
The argand diagram comes out as a circle with it's top-right fraction being cut by a line and you were supposed to shade the larger section.
For the parametric equations, dy/dx = 2(sint cost)^2
For the first question, there are two negative values for which the answer is like: x < a or x > b (a was -5 and b was -3/7 or something like that, don't remember)
The angle between the planes was 79.7
The answer for the iteration was 1.35 rads
Anything else?

My name is not karanjit...it is Hooria..
and r u sure a was -2...mine was 8/3 pie...rest r same

Reaction score
rznOF.gif

Reaction score
hi i wanted to ask how much marks do i loose if i shaded the wrong part in argand diagram ???. i made the digram correctly but i might have shaded it wrongly :fool:

Reaction score
extrauni said:
hi i wanted to ask how much marks do i loose if i shaded the wrong part in argand diagram ???. i made the digram correctly but i might have shaded it wrongly :fool:
1 mark only

Reaction score
eyy....i waxnt able to do dat well in p32...almost loosing 15 -20 markx :( :( :( :O :O :O
am i able to get an A if i do well in S1???
and i ve already a b in AS level??