• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths Paper 32

Reaction score
supermagic said:
i think tan3a is -44/117 ?? not sure though....but i think it is.
and yeah when t become very large x=tan inverse(1/2)
ur right, i cheked this value on calculator!

Reaction score
paper was tough,i worked vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvery hard for it,compromised on other subjects,but still,no use..............expecting 40/75,reallllyyyyyyyyy bad,how was every bod'y else paper.please tell.

Reaction score
Paper was tough
couldnt do the differential equation (dead),only seperated and did the integration wrong.
Very differerent to the past papers.
and why did they have to give a complex number in POLAR FORM :x
lets pray for the thresholds to be low

Reaction score
Hi =) My paper sucked too! So not what I expected after slogging my ass for the last six months!

Anyway, I had a doubt in Q6(ii) with the parametric equation. Could you guys prove dy/dx = -y/x^2?

The questions was : xlny = 2x + 1
From what I understand: x.(1/y)(dy/dx) + 1y= 2
And then when solved it, my dy/dx = [y(2-y)]/x

I also tried solving the given dy/dx as a differential equation but that didn't give me the given parametric equation! Please tell me how you guys did this one!

Reaction score
Hey everyone on the complex number questio i got the modulus right but for argument I expressed the complex number in r(cos angle+isin angle) and since the angle was theeta stated the argument will be theeta will I get any marks for this method PLZ CONFIRM

Reaction score
Hi supermagic! Thanks for the solution! =) Do you think they'd give me marks because I have used the product rule and my answer is also correct. Maybe, they'd cut one mark for not showing their dy/dx? What do you think? I know my second part would be correct because I used the given answer for solving it.

Reaction score
i think examiner will give 1mark for differentiate y part(lny) 1mark for x part, 1mark for put together (dy/dx= something) and final mark simplify the something to show the correct answer....

Reaction score
Hey everyone....
the percentile still exist, i read someone saying that percentile didn't exist, and my P3 was also a hell disaster, worked very hard for it but after the paper i was like, u know wat i mean. but i found the paper very similar to May/june 2008, and the grade threshold was at 49...so lets keep our fingers crossed for May/june 2010

Reaction score
@supermagic so basically 3 on 4, right? Phew!

Have any of you guys solved a harder P3 paper? The paper took me by surprise! =|

Reaction score
Guys dis was da most fucjng paper i ever encounterd...i hope percentile is low!!>

Reaction score
it will be very low. lowest of all. if u know that threshold for M/J was 50 and that paper was easier that this one.
this one will be 40-45 i think, far more difficult

Reaction score
Kaer123 said:
Hey everyone on the complex number questio i got the modulus right but for argument I expressed the complex number in r(cos angle+isin angle) and since the angle was theeta stated the argument will be theeta will I get any marks for this method PLZ CONFIRM
like i said in the other thread, if u xplained evrything, then it should b full marks!