• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths paper 4 discusssion

Reaction score
plz the answer of the last question was 0.5 and 1.5 ??!!.....and what about the HCF and LCM ?! I did it HCF= 12 and LCM = 2

Reaction score
I thought the paper was by far the easiest one I had done. It was easier than the previous years, but there was one part that made me stuck. It was much easier than a paper from 2000, which I struggled a lot.

Reaction score
omg i did really a silly mistake in the mensuration question .... i didnt find the perpindicular hieght of the large cone ...do u think that i am gonna all the mark or only 1 and the last question it was no hard but sooooo tricky i hope that i am gonna do good ... :) but i believe that the curve is gonna be soooooooo low ... I hope so..... :) :)

Reaction score
guys remember the cumulative frequency thing?
the first point is past 0 , so were we supposed to leave the start hanging in mid air... or plot it to (0,0)

I sure do hope so lolostar :p

Reaction score
I think it was relatively easy compared to past Paper 4s I've done.
Last question was a pain... but it's just deriving simultaneous equations out from info given :)
Overall, quite good.

Reaction score
molluscs said:
I think it was relatively easy compared to past Paper 4s I've done.
Last question was a pain... but it's just deriving simultaneous equations out from info given :)
Overall, quite good.
so what was the answer :unknown: :unknown:

Reaction score
Ahmooosh said:
guys remember the cumulative frequency thing?
the first point is past 0 , so were we supposed to leave the start hanging in mid air... or plot it to (0,0)

I sure do hope so lolostar :p

I made it from (0,0)

Reaction score
get the area of the triangle (0.5xbxh) then times it by 6. Then get the area of the trapezium 0.5(a+b)h and times it by 2. finally add the two answers!
well thats what i did, not completely sure if its right though

Reaction score
Follow the rules !!!

Guys, no paper discussion before 24 hours !!!

Follow the rules or else risk getting warned !!!

Somebody is eventually going to find out.

Hope all 'o' y'all know the rules.

Reaction score
Thats What I said in the beginning of the discussion.
We can also say how was the paper but eplain what happened in details

Reaction score
Hello,

Well, I just want to know Is it a problem like will the examiner not check the question??

For example, in this math paper 4 exam.. I omitted my working in the last sequence question then the invigilator told me to write the working at the last page??
I am just worried! :S

Thanks in advance. :)

Reaction score
soccerprinc3 said:
get the area of the triangle (0.5xbxh) then times it by 6. Then get the area of the trapezium 0.5(a+b)h and times it by 2. finally add the two answers!
well thats what i did, not completely sure if its right though

I did Paper 42, and the pyramid had a hexagonal base with 6 Isosceles triangles.

So it was (1/2 x base x height x 6) + (1/2 x radius^2 x Sin 60 x 6)

Reaction score
the answer for HCF is 12
and LCM i think 2

pyramid i calculate the hexagon by the triangle * 6
then the triangle of the side * somthing forgot :)

and add them up

hope it is correct :)