• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

maths probability

Reaction score
how can i know that i it is with replacement or without replacement if not mentioned in the question

Reaction score
its impossible that the replacment or not replacement is not mentioned in the question cuz the whole probablity thing is connected to it!

if you can post that type of a question, i will be able to help better!

Reaction score
which level. IGCSE, O Level. Please mention subject code
so that one can resolve your problem.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
@anzaar => he is posting in the IGCSE section so what more do u need ,that indicates it is IGCSE :p btw it is 0580 Maths paper 4

@medo19 see in this question there is a tree diagram which indicates it isnt replaced like taking the first and then the next agter that.
Just practice a few questions and you will understand if this does not clears your point of view..

Reaction score
@Medo19 Here is the statement.
The tree diagram shows a testing procedure on calculators, taken from a large batch.
Each time a calculator is chosen at random, the probability that it is faulty (F) is 1/20.

Here he has not mentioned that calculator is replaced but give emphasis on "each time"
this means that calculator is not being replaced.
He otherwise must have to mention in the question.
You will automatically understand the statement by having more practice
as suggested other guys