• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths problem

Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm posting here maybe after a whole year. Sorry if i've not been in touch with you during that time because i was so busy with university stuff. Yet I've kept all of you in my prayers. Now, I'm stuck with two questions as part of a module, Statistics!!! which I'm really bad in... I know you guys will help me out as you always did for my CIE exams here.

Those who are good in Permutations and combinations problems, can I have a helping hand with you for two questions please??

Question 1
Mice who have had tumours removed are to be given a treatment consisting of two courses of radiotherapy. there are 10 intensities available and each treatment must be carried out. how many mice will be needed if the order in which the intensities are administered is i) important ii) unimportant?

Question 2
Four fungicides w,x,y and z are to be tested by applying each to a different plant and the 4 plants are to be selected from a row of 10 plants. how many assignments of the 4 fungicides are possible?

Thank you
Love you all XPC peeps!!!