• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

maths S2 students

Reaction score
guys those who r going to to math S2 on 31 may , we need to discuss alot of things ..especially the continous random wariable, when we square the Var(X) and when we
just add it???? it somewhat confusing,,also the sampling do we must know the methods of sampling and wht difference b/w pop variane and sample variance

Reaction score
do we need to have general knowledge about the sampling and whether the sampling is siutable or not by giving reasons???????

Reaction score
ok...here's some thing u need to know...!! lets suppose...u have a ball of mass 20kg....and the ball is denoted by B...then finding Var(3B) needs squaring resulting 9Var(B) ...which means...if anything....a single thing..and if u jus multiply its number and wanna find variance...then u have to square....!! now....rest of others dont..!! jus look at the question...i dont remember any xample than this......like..there are two species...and u wanna to find their varience...!! then..dont square..jus keep in mind that...if there's sth lyk...only double for a single thing...then square...but..if its not lyk that..jus dont square..! actually i dont know how to teach..so sorry man..!! but jus take some concepts..

Reaction score
crash250 said:
guys those who r going to to math S2 on 31 may , we need to discuss alot of things ..especially the continous random wariable, when we square the Var(X) and when we
just add it???? it somewhat confusing,,also the sampling do we must know the methods of sampling and wht difference b/w pop variane and sample variance

http://books.google.com/books?id=Y4IJuQ ... &q&f=false

read page 410 and onwards!! greatly explained

Reaction score
mine was awesome...!! i guess m gonna get 40+.....and let me know the answer of type I error guys...bt tomorrow....coz we are not allowed to discuss that today...!!