• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

mcat advice.....

Reaction score
er.....so im anticipating A* in my three subjects....bio chem and phy.....that shud make the equivalence tolerable.....despite that do you thing i might have a shot at
top ranking med schools in lahore....as in Allama Iqbal or KE or FJ.....
rite the actual point i guess is that firstly im not sure whether this year the mcat will be separate for alevels as well...any ideas???
also im joining kips gulberg branch right after my exams end...literally...do you think that will help?....its not like they have much to go on since the alevel mcat only happned like once before...

do i have any shot at medicine?????? i would not like to go abroad just yet....
please any advice will be highly appreciated.....

thanking you in advance..

Reaction score
oh and also if anybody knows.....i am also giving the nust test........since i was dumb enough not to give SATII............any suggestions on wat i should focus on in my prep

Reaction score
for nust u ll have to prepare fsc.. practice as much mcqs as possible .. n fr mcat.. i ll also be giving it.. it ll be separate as far as i know.. bt i dnt think we stand a chance in top.. it'll be a big deal if we even qualify for QMC.. becasuse fsc students are getting more marks each year whch is raising the percentage required.. last year 84.3 was the least percent accepted fr admission ..!!

Reaction score
did u try for aku?? well i think its hard in govt colleges as last year no a level student got admission..40 ques were out of syllabus and if ppl wud have dne them wrong they'd lose 240marks.!! well MAYBE ths year it'll be better but cant be said anythng.. so do have a backup...

Reaction score
well thats certainly depressing.....thanks for ur help in any case
and yes i did giv aku test...didnt qualify for interview...it was incredibly unfair....i admit my science part wasnt very strong but they didnt count english and science reasoning at all...i got like 90% in tht...
tried going thru fsc bio......didnt work.......u knw last year i knw of so many people who went forward to the interviews....even average students.....this year i dont knw wat happenend...i knw of only like 5 kids from all beaconhouse branches in lahore that got invited for interview..and none at ALL from gujranwala...
stupid paki system......its unfair to make us study fsc syllabus....

i am not going to apply to those lame obscure private medical colleges that are scattered around lahore....i'll probably just have to go abroad.
good luck to u

Reaction score
Yeah It is unfair. I did get an Interview from AKU but got rejected. If your wondering how, its because I called the Student Affairs office and told them that I was from KSA and if i got selected I will have a hard time coming back again so they took 3 days and told that I qualified for it but I messed up the interview. The man was a pHD in Microbiology from Yale. ;) :D

Reaction score
awwww...poor u....thts so bad......well i hope u do even better in the rest of em....atleast u passed the test...thts quite an achievment....

yea my bf gave the interview as well last year...screwed it up....no biggie....loads of other opportunities still....i hope atleast

Reaction score
hmmmm my interview is on 13th ths month.. m scared .. lets see..
n as far as i know.. now pvt med clgs n govt will both be counted as same.. means UHS willl give certificate to both without hte name of the clg.. so its beettr to stay here then go abroad.. abroad ka undergrad aint good.!

Reaction score
Hey ppl .. sad to know u got rejected bcz of ur science marks .. the same happened to me i had 93% in english ... and since my science score was lower ... i didnt get interview call .. and lums nay bhi call nai kiya ... nust ka fsc parhnay ka masla hai and i dint give sat 2 ... so u can see im pretty depressed ..
i hate the pakistani system .. abhi meray A lvls khatam nai hoyay and iv been rejected by the two good unis i rele wantged to go to .

SO PPL PLZ HELP .. i wanted to ask whats the pros and cons of waiting a year and applying to AKU and lums etc a year later ?? i have absolutely no idea wat to do rite now .. it makes my heart wail when i think that i got straight 8s in olevels .. maybe get 3 As in Alvl ............... and still ill be goin to some obscure private plzce .. plz reply ...

the length of this msg shows im concerned :( !

Reaction score
^ If you take a gap year, you will basically use up a year basically doing nothing. Mate there are a lot of good medical colleges in Pakistan. You've got King Edwards, Army Medical College, Khyber Medical College, DOW Medical College so my point is Cheer up mate and work hard to get those A's. ;)