• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

McGill admission

Reaction score
I am in desperate need of some help!

I took my AS this june and i'm planning to apply to McGill and McMaster.
Does mcgill require SAT scores for non-US internationals?
If I don't take my SAT will it reduce my chances of getting accepted?

My grades-
O-level: 8A* 2A
A-level: 5A

Reaction score
No, SAT is not required for admission in McGill.

The website says the same, it's not a basic requirement but, if someone does give in their scores will they by given more preference?
I mean, they don't ask for essays or anything, so would they assess the application solely based on grades?

Reaction score
There are many US students studying at McGill so while it's not a compulsion, it is also true most of the people applying have either taken SAT I or SAT II. The recommendation is to give one of them or both and submit the one with the highest score.

Reaction score
There are many US students studying at McGill so while it's not a compulsion, it is also true most of the people applying have either taken SAT I or SAT II. The recommendation is to give one of them or both and submit the one with the highest score.

But I heard they assess the US applicants and the GCE/GCSE student separately. Not true?

Reaction score
In reality there are people with gcse, A levels, IB, German Abitur, US, the idea is to assess the individual strength of an applicant in their own context. The recruiters are experienced enough to then deduce the relative strengths of the candidates

Reaction score
In reality there are people with gcse, A levels, IB, German Abitur, US, the idea is to assess the individual strength of an applicant in their own context. The recruiters are experienced enough to then deduce the relative strengths of the candidates

I see, thanks.
Also, does it help your case if you send in the application early? Dumb question But couldn't help myself.

Reaction score
No they don't, they give you merit based scholarships upto 12k dollars, and later on you can apply for in course financial aid once you are admitted. But they charge you much less fee for international students as compared to universities in the US/UK

Reaction score
No they don't, they give you merit based scholarships upto 12k dollars, and later on you can apply for in course financial aid once you are admitted. But they charge you much less fee for international students as compared to universities in the US/UK
What about HKU and HKUST? Do they give?