• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mechanical or Mechatronics? Really confused ;(

Reaction score
Hey all, i have shortlisted these two UG programmes but i am really confused which one to choose? please help me in terms of their pros and cons( scope and job prospects and all). Ty!

Reaction score
Hey all, i have shortlisted these two UG programmes but i am really confused which one to choose? please help me in terms of their pros and cons( scope and job prospects and all). Ty!
I think what matters most is what interests you most.
Mechanical is considered the best job prospective-wise in Pakistan.Mechatronics is rather new and is mixture of mechanical and electronics and people say it is better to stick with core engineering field and mechatronics is not one of them but I dont have any other knowledge about mechatronics jobs prospectives.
And one thing about job prospective is that it changes over the four years of your degree program and are not constant.

Reaction score
I think what matters most is what interests you most.
Mechanical is considered the best job prospective-wise in Pakistan.Mechatronics is rather new and is mixture of mechanical and electronics and people say it is better to stick with core engineering field and mechatronics is not one of them but I dont have any other knowledge about mechatronics jobs prospectives.
And one thing about job prospective is that it changes over the four years of your degree program and are not constant.
Hey don't you think that automation would be in demand after 4 years as it is becoming increasingly popular in the western industries, so requiring Mechatronics?

Reaction score
Hey don't you think that automation would be in demand after 4 years as it is becoming increasingly popular in the western industries, so requiring Mechatronics?
Nobody can predict what will happen in the next 4yrs but as u want to opt for mechatronics u will have to some times compete against the mechanical engineers and electronics engineers for a job so I think opt according to your interests as the one who ultimately gets the job is one who knows his job.

Reaction score
Mechanical. A friend of mine had the same problem and in the end was happy he graduated with mechanical.
Especially if you are living in an African/Asian country.

Reaction score
Mechanical. A friend of mine had the same problem and in the end was happy he graduated with mechanical.
Especially if you are living in an African/Asian country.
so why, in detail, did he reject mechatronics?