• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mechanics 1 revision

Reaction score
Go on, hit us with the hardest question you got, here is one ..
View attachment 57277
I remember doing this question, at a glance it was a hard question but after you read what it's asking for, you notice it's just simple physics lol

There's one very hard question I had, I forgot where I found it try searching with freinds or google. It goes like this:

There are 2 boxes A and B where A is above B.
There is rough surface between A and B. Smooth surface under B
The question was asking A would not slip and fall when B moves with a force of Pnewtons, You have to find P
And the last part was asking to explain why A would fall at a certain value of P( I think 23.1N)
Search it it's very challenging you need to apply your knowledge of finding all the forces related to the blocks.
The hint was to consider the system as a whole, I remember my tuition teacher saying that year many High performance students did bad in this question .
It's similar to this but it was on straight line not inclined
https://d2vlcm61l7u1fs.cloudfront.net/media/bec/becafb67-f096-47c4-9c3b-2ca25e30d451/phpAjR6q1.png

Reaction score
I remember doing this question, at a glance it was a hard question but after you read what it's asking for, you notice it's just simple physics lol

There's one very hard question I had, I forgot where I found it try searching with freinds or google. It goes like this:

There are 2 boxes A and B where A is above B.
There is rough surface between A and B. Smooth surface under B
The question was asking A would not slip and fall when B moves with a force of Pnewtons, You have to find P
And the last part was asking to explain why A would fall at a certain value of P( I think 23.1N)
Search it it's very challenging you need to apply your knowledge of finding all the forces related to the blocks.
The hint was to consider the system as a whole, I remember my tuition teacher saying that year many High performance students did bad in this question .
It's similar to this but it was on straight line not inclined
https://d2vlcm61l7u1fs.cloudfront.net/media/bec/becafb67-f096-47c4-9c3b-2ca25e30d451/phpAjR6q1.png
upload_2015-10-22_14-26-51.png
Yup I guess youre talking about this one