• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mechanics help needed

Reaction score
Hey guys, do you have Mechanics notes related to Newton's law of motions? I always get confused in how to construct the equations in the pulley questions. :(

Reaction score
I dont have the notes but i used to remeber like this.Correct me if im wrong (studied one year back )
Imagine there is a pulley with two balls A and B . When A is moving downwards ,consequently B moves upwards , from this you can conclude that the weight of A is greater than the tension in the string since the weight of the ball is pulling it downwards. Now construct the equation for Ball A as > Weight-Tension=Mass x Acceleration (f-t=ma). Vice versa, the ball B is moving upwards ,here the tension is greater than the weight of the ball, since the tension is pulling it upwards.Now construct the equation for Ball B as >Tension - Weight=Mass x Acceleration. Now solve the both equations simultaneously. You can find the Acceleration followed tension in this way. This is just one common type of pulley question that comes.

Reaction score
Are there any specimen papers for mechanics and physics in may/june 2011?
any one knows?