• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Medical School A level Requirements

Reaction score
Soo, I gave my O-level final exams this year. I'm just deciding on what subjects I should take in A levels and what schools I should apply to. I'm really confused about what subjects I should choose. I hope to get into medicine or medical engineering of some sort. Everyone's telling me that Physics, Chemistry and Biology are necessary for medicine. Although, I read on this UK forum that ONLY Chemistry and Biology were really necessary and Physics is optional (for most medical universities). The link to that forum is http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=296517 I'm really not looking forward to taking A level Physics. Always hated Physics and always will hate it. So, if taking Physics in A levels to pursue a medical career is OPTIONAL, I think I'm gonna take that option.
Can anyone give me some guidance? I'd appretiate it.

Reaction score
If you want to stay in Pakistan than I think Physics is mandatory =|
If your from England than I don't think its necessary.

Reaction score