• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mid-Year Exams? And myths about IGCSE's?

Reaction score
Al-Salamualaikum! How are you? I'm in New English School in Kuwait and I've been told that the teachers make the mid-year / "mock" exams really hard. Is this true? I haven't noticed.

And my brothers keep telling me IGCSE's are really easy. By that I mean that the exams are much easier compared to the previous year's examinations (year 10) as I'm now in year 11 and really worried.

=)

Reaction score
Teachers tend to make Mid year and MOCK exams difficult in order to make the students prepare well, and yes this is true. They give most of the questions from the exams of Oct/Nov session (which are usually much more difficult than the May/June session).
Firstly, IGCSE is easier than O Levels. Secondly, in case of school exams the difficulty Level does not depend on which class you're in, it depends on the chapters, they will give you the same exams for each chapter that would be given in the past year CIE exams.