• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

[MOST IMPORTANT TOPICS] BIO PAPER 3

Reaction score
Okay , Let's settle down and focus on most common and important Chapters :-
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1- ECOLOGY

2- CLASSIFICATION

3- REPRODUCTION

4- GENETICS

5- CO-ORDINATION

6- ENZYMES

7- BIO FERMENTER AND RULE OF MICRO-ORGANISMS

FOCUS ON THE PENCILLIN

Pencillin is one of antibiotics which work by ( MODE ACTION OF PENCILLIN ON BACTERIA ):-

* interfering with the synthesis of new cell walls

* interfering with the synthesis of bacterial cell walls

* interfering with functioning of the cell membrane , so bacteria will lose ability to control uptake and removal of water and other molecules

* Inhibiting protein synthesis

* Inhibiting enzyme activity of bacteria as this will disturb its metabolism

IT IS a ( 3 interfering and 2 Inhibiting ) , DONOT DEPEND ONLY ON THIS U MUST READ MORE I ONLY HIGHLIGHTED THE IMPORTANT THING THAT PENCILLIN DO TO BACTERIA

READ MORE AT WIKIPEDIA http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penicillin

GOOD LUCK

Reaction score
thank you very much for the informations. but seriously i need more!!! please don't get angry TEHEE
just give to maaaaah!!!

Reaction score
what are the new things added for the syllabus in 2010...bcoz i feel that they might come up...!
thnx!

Reaction score
abdobasha said:
what are the new things added for the syllabus in 2010...bcoz i feel that they might come up...!
thnx!

I am not taking Biology , But what I know for sure that they will bring everything that is mentioned in the syllabus without exceptions , but divided on the three papers , Paper 1 ( Multiple Choice ) , Paper 3 ( Extended Theory ) , Paper 6 ( Alternative to Practical ). That is for sure . but it would be better if you read the syllabus and focus on what is mentioned and check if there are similarities between the past years' syllabuses as well , the examiner report would be quite helpful in that case. If you answer all the past papers , there will be a slight percentage that you have missed something.

All what I can say is study well , and Allah Ma'ak :)