• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Movies !! :D

Reaction score
Transcendence 8.5/10
The Best of Me 8.5/10 - nicolas sparks stuffs are always good btw not a romance fan
The Grand Budapest Hotel 10/10

Reaction score
Nightcrawler: 9/10
Really good plot. And Jake Gyllenhaal's creepo acting was spot on. Deserves the oscar nomination.
The movie just highlighted once again the heartlessness of crime/ on the scene reporters. I mean they can shoot videos but not go and help! I was reminded of the picture I once came across... the one that won some award... about an African malnourished child being eaten by a vulture or something in the desert. I mean that heartless jerk of a photographer had the time to capture that still but not enough time to thwart that bird away from that kid! Its just shows how pathetic we humans have become.

Last edited:

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Nightcrawler: 9/10
Really good plot. And Jake Gyllenhaal's creepo acting was spot on. Deserves the oscar nomination.
The movie just highlighted once again the heartlessness of crime/ on the scene reporters. I mean they can shoot videos but not go and help! I was reminded of the picture I once came across... the one that won some award... about an African malnourished child being eaten by a vulture or something in the desert. I mean that heartless jerk of a photographer had the time to capture that still but not enough time to thwart that bird away from that kid! Its just shows how pathetic we humans have become.
I have heard quite a lot of positive reviews about this one. Can't wait to watch it!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
The Theory of Everything - 9/10. Superb acting all around, and an inspirational story of a truly inspirational character!

Nightcrawler - 9/10. Brilliant acting. Great story, and a needed one. Shows how the media thrives off the pain and sufferings of others, and how it feeds us what it wants, the way it wants it. Though, they've dragged the movie a bit at the end, but that shouldn't put off anyone!

Reaction score
Gone Girl - 5/10. Oh man, it's so overrated and filled with so much vulgarity. No wonder it has such high ratings.
IKR!!
And what kind of message is it giving the audience... To the everyday normal couples?
People are just obsessed with these ridiculous psychotic dramas...Even Birdman for that matter. I was disappointed.
Its funny... I expected Birdman something superhero related kind of thing... Imagine the rude surprise I got. :p

Nibz have you watched Fury.. that movie was pretty good. Full of gore but really good.

Reaction score
Jupiter Ascending: 8/ 10
For everyone it is A good one time flick and best watched on the big screen. But I enjoyed it.
It somewhat got boring in the middle. But it was nice. I got some good doses of laughter...
Eddie Redmayne's acting was cool but I found it hilarious. :p
The only problem I had with it was Mila Kunis... I just cant like her.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
IKR!!
And what kind of message is it giving the audience... To the everyday normal couples?
People are just obsessed with these ridiculous psychotic dramas...Even Birdman for that matter. I was disappointed.
Its funny... I expected Birdman something superhero related kind of thing... Imagine the rude surprise I got. :p

Nibz have you watched Fury.. that movie was pretty good. Full of gore but really good.
Stopped watching Birdman after the first couple of scenes. I just knew it wouldn't be worth my time.

No, I haven't watched Fury yet. But gotta watch it soon, now that you've given a positive feedback.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Whiplash - 10/10. Although, I haven't seen all the Oscar nominated movies, but if any movie deserves an Oscar, it's this one.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Fury - 10/10. So good. So brutal. And so sad.

Baby - 2/10. There are movies like Fury, and then there's "Baby". Pathetic. Plot-less, senseless piece of junk.

Reaction score
Penguins of Madagascar 10/10: Limitless Cuteness! Absolute joy to watch :D
The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies: 9/10. I just realized how much I like Bilbo in comparison to Frodo. An EPIC finale to an epic trilogy! So the Tolkien world is complete in the movie- verse. Gonna miss it dearly!
Night at the Museum 8/10: So much fun! But the first and second movies were better.