• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

My bilogy AS components

Reaction score
MCQs : B
Paper2 : A
Practical : A
Overall : A.
I have a B in mcqs, will it still be possible to get an A* after A2 exams?

Reaction score
my components are
Paper 1; B
Paper 2: A
Paper 3 : D
and teacher says i have to give my 200% now to get A* in A 2

Reaction score
MCQs : B
Paper2 : A
Practical : A
Overall : A.
I have a B in mcqs, will it still be possible to get an A* after A2 exams?

You can get an A*. But your main point of focus should be on your P4. Because that holds the most weightage.

Reaction score
my components are
Paper 1; B
Paper 2: A
Paper 3 : D
and teacher says i have to give my 200% now to get A* in A 2

It will be extremely hard to get an A*, infact impossible. An A is achievable though if you work hard. Maybe you should think of giving the composite?

Reaction score
I have the same query i have A A C components in chemistry AS and B A C in physics AS, can i manage to get A* in A2? one of my seniors said that i can get it in chem if i work like this but for physics i might end up with A because i have B in P1.
Many students in my school got A grade in chem and phy AS with B A E and B A D components but scoring A in A Levels will become tough for them. My only advice to all students in AS is that study hard don't think that you can ACE it like you did it in O levels because examiner is wayy tough in AS and A Levels so be prepared do cover all syllabus do loads of papers and the tip is to score as much as you can in P2 because it is most easy and mcq is bit tricky but if you have practice you can get A in that too but only practice makes you perfect. Never loose hope Allah is always with you give your best and leave rest on Allah.

Reaction score
It will be extremely hard to get an A*, infact impossible. An A is achievable though if you work hard. Maybe you should think of giving the composite?

Ain't impossible, i have seen a guy with 3A's in AS but ending up with B's in A2 so all depends on the GT and your grades, usually one needs 180+ in phy and chem for scoring A grade in A Levels and about 194+ for A* so it is possible if you Ace P4 and P5

Reaction score
Ain't impossible, i have seen a guy with 3A's in AS but ending up with B's in A2 so all depends on the GT and your grades, usually one needs 180+ in phy and chem for scoring A grade in A Levels and about 194+ for A* so it is possible if you Ace P4 and P5
nope, lol. It is almost impossible. You can get B's after A's - no problem. But converting B'c and C's to A* isn't really possible. Yes, you can convert them to an A. But not an A*. So GT doesn't really matter here.

Reaction score
I have the same query i have A A C components in chemistry AS and B A C in physics AS, can i manage to get A* in A2? one of my seniors said that i can get it in chem if i work like this but for physics i might end up with A because i have B in P1.
Many students in my school got A grade in chem and phy AS with B A E and B A D components but scoring A in A Levels will become tough for them. My only advice to all students in AS is that study hard don't think that you can ACE it like you did it in O levels because examiner is wayy tough in AS and A Levels so be prepared do cover all syllabus do loads of papers and the tip is to score as much as you can in P2 because it is most easy and mcq is bit tricky but if you have practice you can get A in that too but only practice makes you perfect. Never loose hope Allah is always with you give your best and leave rest on Allah.

Considering you had a C in practicals and practicals have the lowest weightage, you can get an A* if you work hard. A won't be a problem at all. But in your case, unlike the above one, GT does matter. I had the exact same component grades in AS Chemistry A A C, and eventhough my P4 and P5 went very well, the overall paper was easy so the GT rose. Therefore, I managed to get an A only. So it depends on the GT if your grades are borderline.
For Physics, because you have a B in your P1, it will be pretty difficult to get an A*. Again, A is achievable. If I were you, I'd give my Physics again for a more certain chance at getting an A*. Or you can give them in the Oct-Nov session if the applications are still open. Obviously, you know your physics because you got an A in P2. You must have faltered somewhere in P1 due to some mistakes you could have overcome. So giving the paper again next month shouldnt be a problem. If you manage to get a better grade, you have a good chance of getting an A* then. :)