• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need a help on predicting my Alevel grades.

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am just a bit tensed about my alevels result...not because it's alevels, but because I have to fulfill the conditions offered to me by a university...I have paid the huge amount of admission fee and just the only last thing I need to get across is my alevels result...the condition is not even tough one, but since I have no idea how my exams are going on and that's making me tensed...Ihave four subjects in alevels, biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics...as for maths, my p1 went just ok, expectedly I lost a maximum of 7 or 8 marks. My p4 was bad, I lost upto 14 marks in it, but my p3 was awesome, I didn't loose any logical mark in it, and my p6 was also good, expecting not to loose more then 5 or 6 marks, can I score a good A in it with this performance? And also my chemistry practical went bad, and p5 as well, hoping to loose 7-8 marks in each. Chemistry p4 was good, and p2 lost me 5 marks, is it possible for me to score an A in chemistry? As for biology, I just lost marks in p5; in p2 I can't loose more than 4 marks. I have still my biology p4 left, the practical went good :D Physics has been ok :) please help me predict my grades, I need to get over with this fear, I really want to end up in that university...mylifein2012willbearelieve

Reaction score
mylifein2012 said:
Hello everyone, I am just a bit tensed about my alevels result...not because it's alevels, but because I have to fulfill the conditions offered to me by a university...I have paid the huge amount of admission fee and just the only last thing I need to get across is my alevels result...the condition is not even tough one, but since I have no idea how my exams are going on and that's making me tensed...Ihave four subjects in alevels, biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics...as for maths, my p1 went just ok, expectedly I lost a maximum of 7 or 8 marks. My p4 was bad, I lost upto 14 marks in it, but my p3 was awesome, I didn't loose any logical mark in it, and my p6 was also good, expecting not to loose more then 5 or 6 marks, can I score a good A in it with this performance? And also my chemistry practical went bad, and p5 as well, hoping to loose 7-8 marks in each. Chemistry p4 was good, and p2 lost me 5 marks, is it possible for me to score an A in chemistry? As for biology, I just lost marks in p5; in p2 I can't loose more than 4 marks. I have still my biology p4 left, the practical went good :D Physics has been ok :) please help me predict my grades, I need to get over with this fear, I really want to end up in that university...mylifein2012willbearelieve
straight A's to u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
What grades can I expect to score with the following marks in the following four subjects:

Mathematics:
Paper 1: 63/75, on average
Paper 4: 50/50

Total: 113/125 (90.4%)

Physics:
Paper 1: 34/40
Paper 2: 50/60, on average
Paper 3: 33/40 (I screwed it up big time!)

Total: 117/140 (83.6%)

Biology:
Paper 1: 34/40
Paper 2: 54/60
Paper 3: 35/40

Total: 123/140 (87.86%)

Chemistry:
Paper 1: 34-35/40
Paper 2: 57/60 (Hopefully!)
Paper 3: 30/40 (SUCKED!)

Total: 121-122/140 (87% on average)

--> I have assumed that I score the aforementioned marks, especially in paper 1, those are just predicted marks..

Keeping the grading system and the predicted grade thresholds in mind, can I expect to score an A around 93-94 in Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology and an A around 90 in Physics? Please, anyone, help me out. :|

Reaction score
this is getting stupid. Or are u intentionally acting dumb?

Look at last years' gt and decide by yourself.

Nobody here is really interested in what grades u'd get

Reaction score
tell me abt chemistry....me also messed up qualitative in practicals and Kc in theory though will get ecf...butt expecting 118 marks out of 140....cn i get a 93-94 A.....PLXX ANY1 GIV ME RELIEF

Reaction score
@hassam
what do u mean by 93-94? UMS?
No doubt u'll get an A but UMS 93-94 might be quite difficult.

Reaction score
hmm...really ...then how many marks required for at least 93-94 UMS....i myt get 38 in MCQS....bt cnt i get 93-94 with 120 marks??.....it wud be too freaky for me...k at least tell me whether my 90 above A is secure or nt????

Reaction score
i hope that you get good grades!!!
dun worry pal after exams u dont worry about your grades!!!
u have already given ur exams hope for the best chillax and have loads of fun!!!

Reaction score
@hassam
wow 38 in MCQs -.- u must be very clever
Hmm.. I think ur UMS depends on where u lose mark.
Since 1 mark in p2/p1 worth approx. 1.5 times 1 mark in p3, if ur 'lost marks of 20' mostly come from p3, then hell yes u'll get 95+
Even if most of them are from p2, i think u secured 90+

Reaction score
@ junaid u get 90% in maths if u get more than 112 coz in gt A is at 60 for say but A* will be at 67 or 68
and for che gettin 122 is quite sufficient for a 90% A
and for phy 118 i guess and biology at least 124 for 90% A this is wht i think

Reaction score
@ideggkr it's just as simple as soothing mind. Even if it is stupid, it can help minds relax, atleast for those who were having these problems but were not able to discuss openly. It's better than taking loads of anxiety. Let others help themselves. And if you can help out, then I'll be really thankful.

Reaction score
ideggkr said:
this is getting stupid. Or are u intentionally acting dumb?

Look at last years' gt and decide by yourself.

Nobody here is really interested in what grades u'd get

hahaha !!
sooo true man !!
this is a stupid thread !!