• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need help in Admission

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been appearing in my O Levels Mathematics paper from the past 2 years and I haven't passed.. I appeared in the Oct/Nov 2011 session and got a U again and I don't wanna reappear again..
I need to do commerce further on.
So my question here is that can anyone tell me any private college affiliated with the intermediate board in Karachi where I can get my admission, this year or next year?
Or if anyone has gone through this situation please do tell me.
I contacted the British Council they said that they donot deal in admission procedures etc.
So please I need help..!
I've passed my English,Computers,Isl,Pak.Studies,Urdu,Chemistry and Physics!
And em stuck in Maths only!

Reaction score
O level Maths is fairly simple...I'm not sure why your not able to pass it. I suppose after this you would be doing A Levels right?. Maths is often required along with commerce even at A Levels so its only going to get harder as time goes on.

Reaction score
O level Maths is fairly simple...I'm not sure why your not able to pass it. I suppose after this you would be doing A Levels right?. Maths is often required along with commerce even at A Levels so its only going to get harder as time goes on.

Please be sensitive.

Reaction score
My bad..didnt mean to sound offensive. Though what I was trying to point out is that if your weak in maths it would be adviced to move on to a field or course which doesent require much of math as a requirment. Even if you do pass the O level math it would eventually get harder and prove to be more problematic during your A Levels. I would suggest you check out if you can make do without maths at all as ive seen some of my friends go on without taking maths at O or A Level. And yes, even though I feel it is fairly simple I'm aware not everyone is good at every subject. I myself am not very good with science subjects and would probably fail if i took any of them too. Whatever you decide make sure its what you want though..dont be pressured into taking maths again at a higher level if the subject is tricky.

Reaction score
Zephyro buddy.. I dont know what is my problem with maths!
Secondly I'll be doing intermediate commerce hopefully without maths as A Level is tough!!
So is there any private intermediate college where I would apply for my admission?!

Reaction score
Hey there Pal! Don't worry, I have friends who've gone through the same exact situation. We'll more exactly 2 friends like that. They kinda did bad in thier IGCSE, Maths + rest of the subjects. That's somewhat like Olevels.

They continued thier field towards ICT [Computer field]. You can do that if you find technology amusing, I mean who doesn't right? Well CIE won't do anything in this, it's up to you. You can't continue either with Physics or Chemistry without Maths, so focus on Maths if you actually will go for that field.

Asking for Private college on a Studying forum website should be the last thing! Go check out nearby colleges I'm sure there will be one that will accept you, but without maths you cannot go for science I can assure you of that. Commerce you can for sure, I have people who opted for Commerce and they did bad in Maths! And they are few years away from being actual Accountants!

Just focus, and get all those shyt distractions out of your way, I'm sure you can do well. Why? Cause you bothered enough to post about it in public. :) and Your brave enough to think about your future.

Reaction score
Hey there Pal! Don't worry, I have friends who've gone through the same exact situation. We'll more exactly 2 friends like that. They kinda did bad in thier IGCSE, Maths + rest of the subjects. That's somewhat like Olevels.

They continued thier field towards ICT [Computer field]. You can do that if you find technology amusing, I mean who doesn't right? Well CIE won't do anything in this, it's up to you. You can't continue either with Physics or Chemistry without Maths, so focus on Maths if you actually will go for that field.

Asking for Private college on a Studying forum website should be the last thing! Go check out nearby colleges I'm sure there will be one that will accept you, but without maths you cannot go for science I can assure you of that. Commerce you can for sure, I have people who opted for Commerce and they did bad in Maths! And they are few years away from being actual Accountants!

Just focus, and get all those shyt distractions out of your way, I'm sure you can do well. Why? Cause you bothered enough to post about it in public. :) and Your brave enough to think about your future.

Nice post ... That should elevate the posters confidence .