• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

need help in urdu

Reaction score
dear friends
i want to know from where should i learn Urdu idioms.reply as soon as possible.if you have any other tips regarding urdu do not hesitate to post.please kindly help me

Reaction score
there is no use of memorizing all the idioms by heart, u just need to know the technique to answer the idioms question. the idioms asked in exam are very common. here's the tip:
1. never use the idioms in literal meaning in sentences. u will never be awarded for it. i.e haath dhona: ----- us ne paani se haath dhoe. such sentences are not awarded.
2. use ur comman sense and imagination. i.e mulk-e-adm mein rawana hona.: thats a difficult one but u will not get that much difficult idioms. first fully understand the words used in it. mulk-e-adm means ever-living city. now if you thing about the ever-living city u may come to the idea of life hereafter. so thats it, it means to die :). so just be imaginative and if u r not able to find any sensible answer, just make an educated guess instead of leaving it. you may be awarded.
3. instead of just memorizing the idioms, watch urdu dramas which use idioms and read alot as it will give u ideas to develop new sentences using different words/idioms. this will improve you sentence structure and language skills.
4. most important, dont prepare for language subjects like urdu by learning but u should practice as language is all about skills which u develope more as u become mature or u take it seriously and practice alot.
hope it helps :)

Reaction score
Try Amir Waheed Qamr's "Urdu Olevel B." It has many many idioms alphabetically arranged with an example sentence as well for each idiom to give you an idea of its usage.

Reaction score
Do Idioms from Olevels Shazia Islam Book it has the most Idioms than any other and besides Cambridge only asks Idioms WHICH ARE COMMONLY USED TODAY...........................;)(y)