• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need help on ICT

Reaction score
Hi guys, i need urgent answers of the following questions. It will be really good if you will answer the following questions.

Q1)State the purpose of Compiler?
Q2)State the purpose of interupt when data is send to a disk drive?
Q3)State two file management tasks that would be carried out by an operating system?
Q4)Explain how the operating system deals with errors whilst a program is running?
Q5)a) State two desirable properties of processors in laptop?
b) Explain why selected properties are desirable?
Q6)To access internet a computer system requires the user to insert a smart card in to the side board. hey then need to type a pin, give 2 adv. of such systems?
Q7)State two ways that computer base learning(CBL) has effect and testing methods?

Please guys, i will be waiting for your answers.

Reaction score
1)A compiler is a computer program (or set of programs) that transforms source code written in a programming language (the source language) into another computer language (the target language, often having a binary form known as object code)
2) Dont Know
3)Stores large files in a compress form,provide security such as password to the file
4)When an error occurs the operating system shows a nullpointer and shows a sign that the program is not responding and waits for the repond.after that a troubleshoot manager opens to scan the program for errors
5)It is compact and has all features of a large CPU. It requires Less power consumption .Fast Data Processing
5b)Give me some time .I have attempt this question in my exams but couldn't remember it right now..Hope i find my papers
6)No one can use it for fraud or misuse. Protection of important document
7) I haven't Done CBl .Not incuded in my syllabus right now

Reaction score
can u send me the support of june 2011 paper 3 varient 2 and nov 2011 paper 3 the 2 varients,,,,ThnQ a lot :)