• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need O level subject choosing suggestion (Edexcel)

Reaction score
I am very confused On which subjects to take for o level

i want to study Computer Science in Future

But i am very weak in Chemistry+Pure Maths

Reaction score
You would need Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for Computer Science. ( It's essential)
For your O Levels consider the following subjects:

- Physics (5054)
- Chemistry (5070)
- Mathematics Additional (4037)
- Computer Science (2210)
- English
- And a language, preferably

You can take extra subjects like Biology and Environmental Management, if you can handle these subjects
The choice is entirely your's, I am no one to tell you. I just suggested you a few things.

:):):)

Reaction score
You would need Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for Computer Science. ( It's essential)
For your O Levels consider the following subjects:

- Physics (5054)
- Chemistry (5070)
- Mathematics Additional (4037)
- Computer Science (2210)
- English
- And a language, preferably

You can take extra subjects like Biology and Environmental Management, if you can handle these subjects
The choice is entirely your's, I am no one to tell you. I just suggested you a few things.

:):):)
R u sUre Chemistry is required ?
Beacause Most of the place i didnt see this subject mentioned :/

Reaction score
R u sUre Chemistry is required ?
Beacause Most of the place i didnt see this subject mentioned :/

I am sorry for the previous comment, chemistry won't be essential, however, there are branches of computer science which require chemistry, such as computational chemistry. (again, you have to be interested in that)

You can take it as a subject for your O - Levels, then maybe drop it in AS Levels, if you strongly feel that you are not confident with it.

I would suggest give it a try in O - Levels. (personally, i find it quite scoring, just pay a little more attention to the concepts and get them right)

Reaction score
Hi,

check out:

www.alevel.co.uk

Although the site is about Alevels, it still giives a breakdown for each subject and what career progression options there are, it will assist you in ascertaining which subjects to take for sure.

Good Luck!!

Reaction score
Hi...
Uumm I'm here for my friend she's interested in engineering degree but don't know if dropping biology in igcse will cause any problems in future or not?? So does anybody know about This??

Reaction score
Its just a myth. Nothing actually happens. She can drop it only if she does not intend to do Biomedical Engineering.