• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need some help abt subjects in o'levels

Reaction score
Which sub shall i choose (an easy 1 please) ? i will give bio,chem,phys,maths in 2012 inshaALLAH!
i hav decided 2 give human and social biology 5096 and Add maths...wat abt Stats.... your guidance will b appreciated heartily...

Reaction score
dude i don't suggest u should take bio if ur interested in not doing medical, instead do economics and add-maths, and yeah also give combined sciences, sorry i don't know about stats so no comments there :p

Reaction score
please tell those sub in which i dont require a teacher and can easily study at home.

Reaction score
definitely add maths... dude if you want some real concept and want to lay foundation of the basic concepts of maths, it will say grab add maths.... this will help u in A levelz maths and further maths alot.... rest on you..
i got A in biology while just studying it for two months... bio is pure rattta... marking sceme ka ratta lagao aur A grade aap k qadam chuumay ga....:)

Reaction score
umarashraf said:
definitely add maths... dude if you want some real concept and want to lay foundation of the basic concepts of maths, it will say grab add maths.... this will help u in A levelz maths and further maths alot.... rest on you..
i got A in biology while just studying it for two months... bio is pure rattta... marking sceme ka ratta lagao aur A grade aap k qadam chuumay ga....:)
right abt add maths but the thing abt ratta in bio is not really true!! A levels bio applications cannot be mugged up!

Reaction score
he is talking about O levels mate.. not A level... O level biology is a rattta..:p accept it plzzz...

Reaction score
Why don't you first decide which field you would like to choose later on, well anyways subjects which don't require any teacher and are easy one are
1)Sociology
2)Environmental Management
3)Statistics (Will need some assistance in Probability from a teacher)
4)Combined Sciences (However this Oct/Nov will be the last session for Combines Science and after this CIE will not take examinations of this subject)

Reaction score
thanx 4 telling abt Combined sci .coz i was thinking 2 give it in 2012 May /June...can i just prepare 4 Combined sci in just 2 months ..will i need any book 4 this subject..or bio (Lam Peng and D.G. Makean) , chem matters,Chem(Christopher N. Prescott) and for Physics (Charles chew, complete Physics) are o.k... 2 prepare myself 4 this subject....Thanx 4 every one's guidance...

PM. I WILL DO COLLEGE AFTER O'LEVELS GOING IN MEDICAL...

Reaction score
First of all, you can't appear in Combined Sciences in a session while appearing for any of the three subjects: Physics, Chemistry or Biology. Secondly, I wouldn't advice you to give Human and Social Biology if you you have opted for Biology syllabus, too. You won't get alot of extra credit for it. The same goes for Combined Sciences as the syllabus is coherent to that of the pure sciences. Sociology, Commerce and Environmental Management are good optional subject to prepare privately.
Buy the Biology book of Mary Jones. It is precise and directly according to the syllabus and will help you cover the missing topics in the end. But it should only be used for revising as it is not in considerable detail.