• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Need urgent help please, for History!!

Reaction score
Greetings :cool:

I am going to write the IGCSE History papers this month and next month , I understand it very well and I have no problem with understanding the theory

However I have difficulty answering the questions , so I would really appreciate it if someone could answer my questions that is posted below :

Paper 1 :
1) If I Supply 3 points and reason them for a 5 mark question , will I get full marks , because I think they award you a mark for a point and one mark for reasoning that point.But I'm not sure that's why I'm asking.
2) If I supply 3 points and a good explanation for a 7 mark question, will I get my full 7 marks? , because I think they award you a mark for a point and an extra mark for describing that point very well .
3) How to get full 8 marks for an 8 mark question? , how many points do you need to supply and explain

I would really really apreciate it if anyone could help me!! :idea:
And best of the luck for the exams...

Reaction score
Hi dear, I am not sure if can help you. I did History (London Examinations) back in 2003 and believe it or not, I was the only one who got A.
When I did the paper, I had to attempt only 5 questions out of 35. Each question had 2 parts. The first part was 14 marks and the second part 6.
To score full marks in the first part of the question we had to supply 14 factual points in paragraphs and for the second part it was really hard to get full 6 marks and I rarely got. The second part was more like giving an explanation rather than factual points only. However, we had to supply around 4 points and explain them.
Example:

Explain the main terms of the treaty of versaillers? Why were the Germans to blamed as the stater of the second world war?? (I dnt exactly remember the question)

So in IGCSE also, I guess you should give explanations.

Thanks
Fsams