• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Neurology

Reaction score
can anyone please help me!!?? i want to study in neurology but i dont know what to do after a-levels. I mean do i have to do mbbs? or something else? I am doing my a-levels n my subjects are Bio, Chem and Math.

Reaction score
can anyone please help me!!?? i want to study in neurology but i dont know what to do after a-levels. I mean do i have to do mbbs? or something else? I am doing my a-levels n my subjects are Bio, Chem and Math.
Yes, you do have to do MBBS because neurology is basically one of the studies in medicine. and doctor or surgeon is probably the best career you can opt after studying neurology.

Reaction score

what an odd combination of subjects you've got, definitely not for MBBS. You have to have physics for mbbs, and hence neurology.
You cannot even apply for engineering, architecture because that requires physics too.

Reaction score
MBBS + Post Graduate Neurology

In western countries it works like biomedical science/engineering/economics undergraduate and then a post graduate in Neuroscience. You reminded me of my economics professor, he's a neuroeconomics researcher. Lol, so many fields have come out now . . .

Reaction score
but you do need physics a level

Reaction score
Yes, you do have to do MBBS because neurology is basically one of the studies in medicine. and doctor or surgeon is probably the best career you can opt after studying neurology.
so for MBBS its not important that i take physics? i mean its not a requirement of the universities, right?

Reaction score
what an odd combination of subjects you've got, definitely not for MBBS. You have to have physics for mbbs, and hence neurology.
You cannot even apply for engineering, architecture because that requires physics too.
its not odd. i did ask for suggestions from my teachers and they said that for neurology i have to take maths in a-level.

Reaction score
MBBS + Post Graduate Neurology

In western countries it works like biomedical science/engineering/economics undergraduate and then a post graduate in Neuroscience. You reminded me of my economics professor, he's a neuroeconomics researcher. Lol, so many fields have come out now . . .
wow! neuroeconomics researcher? that seems quite interesting! :) thnx for the suggestion

Reaction score
its not odd. i did ask for suggestions from my teachers and they said that for neurology i have to take maths in a-level.​
an extract from wikipedia for you :' A neurologist is a physician specializing in neurology and trained to investigate, or diagnose and treat neurological disorders. Neurologists may also be involved in clinical research, and clinical trials, as well as basic research and translational research. Neurology, being a branch of medicine,'
this is what neurologists do, what has maths to do with it anyways? you need to do medical, and for that physics is needed along with bio and chemistry in both O and A levvels.ways? you need to do medical, and for that physics is needed along with bio and chemistry in both O and A levvels

Reaction score
its not odd. i did ask for suggestions from my teachers and they said that for neurology i have to take maths in a-level.​
an extract from wikipedia for you :' A neurologist is a physician specializing in neurology and trained to investigate, or diagnose and treat neurological disorders. Neurologists may also be involved in clinical research, and clinical trials, as well as basic research and translational research. Neurology, being a branch of medicine,'
this is what neurologists do, what has maths to do with it anyways? you need to do medical, and for that physics is needed along with bio and chemistry in both O and A levvels.ways? you need to do medical, and for that physics is needed along with bio and chemistry in both O and A levvels
sorry! its completely my fault!! i mistook neurology for neuroscience! i thought they were the same thing but they worlds apart. Actually i am going for neuroscience and not neurology. Neuroscience requires bio, chem and maths but other subjects can also be taken as alternatives like physics and psychology.

Reaction score
so now can u suggest me what to do? i am panicking here! i mean i cant mbbs, so what option do i have?
help this desperate ;)

Reaction score
so now can u suggest me what to do? i am panicking here! i mean i cant mbbs, so what option do i have?
help this desperate ;)

You are from? well you'll have to google it up, or ask the career counselor because that is something i have a vague idea of :)

Reaction score
so for MBBS its not important that i take physics? i mean its not a requirement of the universities, right?
no Physics A level is required for getting into any medical university in south asia (I have no idea about other countries).

Reaction score
You are from? well you'll have to google it up, or ask the career counselor because that is something i have a vague idea of :)
I am from Pakistan Well, you know how there is no career counselling here. I also googled it a lot but got no useful stuff :(
Looks like I'm in deep trouble...!

Reaction score
Not that I know of. But there should be some. I mean wherever I see, I find a university offering MBBS programme or ACCA, why not neuroscience? Its so depressing that if you want to study something besides MBBS or ACCA, you have to go abroad. Why can't my country take a step forward and start focusing on education?
Sorry for all the blabbing :)
btw where are you from? You don't live in Pakistan?

Reaction score
Not that I know of. But there should be some. I mean wherever I see, I find a university offering MBBS programme or ACCA, why not neuroscience? Its so depressing that if you want to study something besides MBBS or ACCA, you have to go abroad. Why can't my country take a step forward and start focusing on education?
Sorry for all the blabbing :)
btw where are you from? You don't live in Pakistan?

iam from pluto :D
yeah, but look into Nust, there might be some course

Reaction score
I searched BSc neuroscience pakistan to find some info some how but google instead gave me the result 'BSc neuroscience mcgill' lol guess you'll have to take physics to open more options