• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

New Format of Exams for 2014?

Reaction score
daredevil syed1995 @mostafamotani asd and others

dahell?

Well I suppose it's no different.. Last year they gave 9 marks worth of graphs of (Forces/time and Momentum/Time) in Physics P2 which they hadn't given ever before. There was a 7 mark question on reflection in last year's Math P1 (again never before).

This year papers might have been different.. but according to my friends at least the Chemistry practical was a piece of cake this year compared to last year. (No Graph no nothing.. very simple questions, not at all lengthy)

tell me something.. what was the change in the format exactly? apart from the fact that the questions were not similar to those of past papers.. was anything out of syllabus? if we only do past papers without understanding the logic behind the questions it's our own fault. I admit I do that quite often. That's exactly what CIE is going for i guess.. try and give more conceptual papers rather than giving those same old questions.

I think in a way this is a good thing (at least for me).. because let's face it there are a lot of people who do past papers from 1990s onwards while and some don't... because of those people threshold used to be quite high :p atleast now the threshold will be more fair.. LOL

that's what I think.

Just PRAY TO ALLAH.. and Insha Allah he will grant us with the best grades :) Don't rely on past papers alone, work on logic as well.

Reaction score
Hahaha, inshaaAllah ;)
So lemme edit my statement:
People next year. Heads up. Our batch are the first ones with these new horrible examiners. So we b gettin' lower GT than you guys. Teehee

Actually, the weirdness began Oct Nov 2013.

__

Secondly, honestly, the Chem P2 was super super easy. It was different because they asked the crappy and easy thigns no one pays attention to. The exam was filled with EVERYTHING I didn't study because they don't ask it. Luckily I knew all that anyway, and thinking hard brought it back, but all the tough stuff wasn't present. Hoping for an easy P4 now to seal the A*.

Reaction score
dahell?

Well I suppose it's no different.. Last year they gave 9 marks worth of graphs of (Forces/time and Momentum/Time) in Physics P2 which they hadn't given ever before. There was a 7 mark question on reflection in last year's Math P1 (again never before).

This year papers might have been different.. but according to my friends at least the Chemistry practical was a piece of cake this year compared to last year. (No Graph no nothing.. very simple questions, not at all lengthy)

tell me something.. what was the change in the format exactly? apart from the fact that the questions were not similar to those of past papers.. was anything out of syllabus? if we only do past papers without understanding the logic behind the questions it's our own fault. I admit I do that quite often. That's exactly what CIE is going for i guess.. try and give more conceptual papers rather than giving those same old questions.

I think in a way this is a good thing (at least for me).. because let's face it there are a lot of people who do past papers from 1990s onwards while and some don't... because of those people threshold used to be quite high :p atleast now the threshold will be more fair.. LOL

that's what I think.

Just PRAY TO ALLAH.. and Insha Allah he will grant us with the best grades :) Don't rely on past papers alone, work on logic as well.
dont worry about me i go for logic always no ratta for me i just posted here for you too see :D yeah lets just hope :)

the pattern of questions was diffeent they were asking the same thing in a different way focussing on those aspects neglected for the last 6 or 7 years or so and people whowere rattot totae got lost in hell :3

thats what i said you should have quoted me :p

Reaction score
Actually, the weirdness began Oct Nov 2013.

__

Secondly, honestly, the Chem P2 was super super easy. It was different because they asked the crappy and easy thigns no one pays attention to. The exam was filled with EVERYTHING I didn't study because they don't ask it. Luckily I knew all that anyway, and thinking hard brought it back, but all the tough stuff wasn't present.
exactly!!!

Reaction score
dont worry about me i go for logic always no ratta for me i just posted here for you too see :D yeah lets just hope :)

the pattern of questions was diffeent they were asking the same thing in a different way focussing on those aspects neglected for the last 6 or 7 years or so and people whowere rattot totae got lost in hell :3

thats what i said you should have quoted me :p
Yeah, true that.
It's just a shocker, that's it.

From getting As and A*s by memorising from a few years back to getting A*s and As by actually thinking now.

Reaction score
I have found something in " Telegraph newspaper " which my explain this, as i understand that there will be changes
in As and A levels starting from 2014 till 2017, but am not sure.
rBRjtD1.png

Anyway, here is the source link > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...iversity-academics-to-set-maths-A-levels.html.

Does anyone know about what this exactly mean?

Reaction score
I have found something in " Telegraph newspaper " which my explain this, as i understand that there will be changes
in As and A levels starting from 2014 till 2017, but am not sure.
rBRjtD1.png

Anyway, here is the source link > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...iversity-academics-to-set-maths-A-levels.html.

Does anyone know about what this exactly mean?
Thanks for sharing. Yeah, "The Cambridge plan would rule out major changes UNTIL 2017…"

This statement means Cambridge will make MINOR CHANGES in all exams 2014-2017. FROM 2017 ONWARDS, MAJOR changes will be made.